car got broken into last night

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
americanjebus said:
or they were just illiterate.

Good point. The thing is, I think I know who did it. There was a black dude in an older cadillac (imagine that) who was cruising around my neighborhood for a couple days in a row previous to the incident. The sad thing was, I wasn't the only person hit.

chedderknight

PiYauD-BaKa
Apr 4, 2005
Glendale, CA
www.myspace.com
man, it always sucks to hear about our cars being broken into to, it happen to my dad back when I lived in hollywood, had a subaru legacy, like a 92 i think, broke the steering wheel coloumn trying to take the car, gave up and just took the crappy cd player and all our change, sad thing was, it happen to 4 other people in that garage and it was one of our neighbors who moved 2 days later, they caught him, but it doesnt fix the damage yea know?

Spiv

hooligan
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando, Fl
Well, my initial rage seems to have subsided starting last night when I drove the car again. I got a few free hours, drove back and a series of lucky events let me put the car back to driving condition. 1) had an extra door at the shop with a window in it (it's tinted the wrong color, so I'll still be getting new windows, but at least it's drivable). 2) by the time I got there my father had gotten inspired to pull the interior and get all the glass out for me (dad ownz!). So all I had to do was pull the door panel, get the shards out of it and stick the new window in. Was on the road by 1am. I'll be making an appointment to get new glass in both windows and get them tinted right after as of a week from monday (when I'll have time to deal with it). As for the door panel, not sure. Guess my options are to get a new panel which would never match, or just get it reupolstered which would never match. Chip on the spoiler doesn't look as bad as I thought before, so I guess I'll live with it.

Can't say I wasn't nervous parking the car in that parking lot again last night though. I know the chances of the guy coming back for it is pretty slim, but still. Glad I'll be moving to a place with a garage in the next month.

I just can't believe the amount of vandilism and theft in this thread. It's getting to be a scary world out there. How did the average kid get so punkish and sociopathic?

M

MisterTurbineTwister

Glad you got the car back on the road. Don't let people control you or scare you away. Just park your car where people can see it and solder fish hooks to the back of your cd player. My neighbor literally "caught" 4 different people trying to steal his stereo by doing that. It only takes about 45 minutes with install time and works flawlessly. He said after the guy said "I'M SORRY! PLEASE JUST CALL AN AMBULANCE!" He got a couple of swings on the guy, took down his information from his wallet and called the cops. That's what you get for grabbing a hand full of crooked fish hooks when you are reaching for a stereo.

Yeah the guy could have sued him, but no judge would listen to his lawyer.

As for shooting someone to kill over posessions, let me clarify your equation:

Fucker lives= Goes to jail, pays a fine, sues you, you counter sue = You win.

Fucker dies= Your words against... The city police dept. and The family of the victim. You go to jail for the rest of your life, broak and with a sore asshole.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
haha i just wanna see how he soldered the fishooks on thats awsome. perhaps a thread on fishooking your stereo could be in order?