Car & Driver

Gumboot

smrt redneck
Dec 17, 2006
Kelowna, BC
May be fugly, but 400hp hybrid? not bad, but sounds like a lot more parts to break

and shooting for $30-40 000 range? fuckin eh

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Looks ok, kinda like the 2009 Skyline concept. Needs to tone down the futuristic interior, IMO. Hybrid sports cars should rule the market in a decade or two.

After all whats better than a silent/perfectly smooth idle, 50 mpg and 400 roaring hp at your fingertips? Anyone not like any of those?

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Steve_N said:
I love it. Saving for my down payment now.
I'm in the same boat. I'm getting it period.

vid here :
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=4442

400 HP supposedly lightish weight hybrid car w/ a sweet retractable roof, paddle shifters and its affordable? Count me in. Also, just a heads up that the supposed Hybrid system will act like a boost of energy out of turns ( kinda like a turbo or nitrious ). It's not just for gas milage.

Gumboot

smrt redneck
Dec 17, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I think it looks too much like the Infinity G35/Nissan350Z, only a little smaller with sharper corners. If this thing goes into production, i can guaranty you the interior will be changed heavily (although iim a big fan ofthe cockpit styled interiors) and not so 'futuristic' lookin lines.

This is my favorite part: "The next-gen hybrid system is the key: In this system, braking energy is stored and can be released as what Tamura-san calls "explosive power" out of turns. He won't go into detail, but it's likely the system uses a combination of a lightweight lithium battery pack and capacitors. The battery pack provides the longer-term energy storage as used in Toyota's current Hybrid Synergy Drive vehicles, while the capacitors allow split-second discharge of large amounts of energy, perfect for delivering "explosive power." The trick is managing and integrating the various power flows-engine, battery, capacitors-so it feels seamless to the driver.

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I saw it up close and personal at the auto show... all I could think was wow.. I would really like to get one.. the fact that its a hybrid really intrigues me to have it.

The body style, somwhat reminds me of a Porsche (especially since its got that retractable roof, it completely reminds me of the Targa4).

So all in all - I can't wait for this thing to hit the market.