Car dolly/ trailer

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Fair warning, U-Haul full trailers (which you'll need for the Supra) weigh just as much as the Supra itself. You better have a truck with a really high tow capacity (atleast 8k lbs). I usually just rent one of their 10' trucks to tow the trailer.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
yea but i dont have 300 bucks to tow the car lol. im thinkin bout jus having aaa tow it and drop plates from my 91. everything is the same but the vin i dont see why not

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
AAA covers any vehicle in your possession. How far is the Supra needing to be moved? Where from and to? Most likely they'll say no (I've tried this before, didn't work too well), but they have said yes in the past. You need to tell them the car broke down and would not start.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
yea i quoted everything and it came out to about 365$. i can get it towed for 250 but i really dont have the money. but it seems im gunna have to sell some parts to get this parts car, but in the long run it should be worth it

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
no title, was gunna use car for drag but went a differnent route n grabbed a 2jz. he wanted 700 but talked him down to 500 which is what he paid for it

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
You do realize that you need a title to scrap a car right? Have you called the police department to check the vin on it to make sure it's not stolen? You're going to have to do the paperwork to get the title before you get rid of it. Trust me, I went through this on my first parts car.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Bill of sale, if the VIN is clean.

As for a car dolly it should cost about $40-$60 a day to rent. U-Hall or any other rental place will have one for you. Plan it out right and you only will need it for one day. The last One I rented 3 years ago was $20. I worked out a deal with the owner. (I put on my Jew hat) I picked it up when there were closing for the day and returned it a 7 in the morning.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
aznboik1mva;1510557 said:
does anybody know where to rent a cheap car dolly or trailer. i have a truck but nothing to load the car on

aznboik1mva;1513603 said:
but i dont have a truck at the moment to pull the trailer.

O sorry I thought you DID have a truck to use. Well then your at the mercy for what ever the tow truck driver wants. On other option is rent to rent a truck, then rent a dolly. Or I guess you can push the car home :rofl: