car doesnt have any power. help

jimmyjames

all white
Apr 18, 2005
south milwaukee
i put a new alternator on went for a drive and thought the belt was to loose. so stupid me never diconnected the battery when i went to tighten it well huge spark. then i take the battery off finish tightening it and went to start it and i has no power nothing. i checked the fuses what else could it be this is an 89 turbo. please help its been over a month.

1989MKIII

Jun 28, 2005
Troy, Missouri
www.elite-forums.com
MDCmotorsports said:
Check all fuses, and also check that the main fuse is indeed intact. It is a bolt in fuse IIRC.

i would get you a good volt meter, and check all of the fuse's that way. you can have a fuse that looks good but is really bad. you can see if a fuse is open or not. you can find out how to do this on the internet i am sure.

later
justin

jimmyjames

all white
Apr 18, 2005
south milwaukee
SublimeSupra said:
I think there is a fuse in the back of the alt you might have blown.You sure all your other fuses are good?

i just checked the alt its good and brand new. still have no power plus i did check the main fuse but maybe i'll use a voltmeter on it and check the other ones with it ass well thanks guys if you have any other suggestions please let me know

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
Did you check all the ground around the alt?Maybe you knocked one lose when you did the remove and install?All wires around it in tact/good connections?