Car dies after driving for a while.

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
So i thought i solved my problem with my cps issues. The car runs 100 times better with the rebuilt cps and rewired everything with new plug for engine side harness. So i picked it up from my buddies house and i drove 30 miles no issues. Got home shut it off and went inside my house for 5 minutes go out start it and took off and car stmbled and cel came on and went off. Drove 10 feet and car just shut off engine basically fell flat on its face.... Restarted the car and drove another 20 feet and same thing this time it would not fire up right away. Finally got it back in my driveway and checked for codes and came up with code 14 no ign signal.... Wtf is going on with this car it doesnt make sense everything is pretty much new. What else am i missing or havent looked at?? Any suggestions. Spent over 10gs on this car and it has become an ornament in my driveway....

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Supra90gr;2045652 said:
Finally got it back in my driveway and checked for codes and came up with code 14 no ign signal.... Wtf is going on with this car it doesnt make sense everything is pretty much new.

The circuit is not connected to the one you rebuilt. The PCM (computer) isn't getting spark confirmation. The wire is light green with a black stripe. It connects the ignitor and the PCM.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=47

Supra90gr

Feb 12, 2009
Connecticut
Soooooo i took apart the loom that houses all of the wires for the igniter and wiggled harness while engine was running and it died... Tried to start and dies right away, moved harness and wires around and it started. Dont see any broken wires. I was about to give up when i decided to moves the end wires on the plug that connects into the igniter (green with black stripe) and engine died.... Tried it again 3 times and same result it dies... So now its either the plug from igniter that has a bad connection or the plug from engine harness.... Thanks for the advise nick!! Hopefully i have some extra plugs laying around and ill try that tomorrow and see if this solves the issue!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
What you did is actually a professional technique called a "wiggle test". You have found your problem. You need to sort it out more closely.