car completely dead

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
so yesterday night i was leaving from a friends house and i hop in the sup and turn the key towards the on (second click) and the dashboard light's flickered and went out and then the whole cars electrical went out, tired to put the hazards on, nothing tried to jump it, nothing, checked my fuses, there fine. it was to dark to tell if my battery cables were lose somwhere else but thats what im going to check today when i get home, but does anyone have any other ideas it might could be?:1zhelp: Thanks

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
artmo;1008464 said:
so yesterday night i was leaving from a friends house and i hop in the sup and turn the key towards the on (second click) and the dashboard light's flickered and went out and then the whole cars electrical went out, tired to put the hazards on, nothing tried to jump it, nothing, checked my fuses, there fine. it was to dark to tell if my battery cables were lose somwhere else but thats what im going to check today when i get home, but does anyone have any other ideas it might could be?:1zhelp: Thanks

What happend when you hooked up the jumper cables?

_

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
mischief7m;1008513 said:
happened to me, i just had to clean all the battery connections.
if your lucky, itll be as easy as that

If he has no power even with the jumper cables hooked up then it would not be loose or dirty terminals. Check the negative battery cable were it bolts to the block and make sure it's tight. Check the positive battery cable were it connects to the starter. Check your 100 amp main fuse.

Edit: also try clamping the negative jumper cable to the engine hoist hook on the alternator bracket instead of the negative battery terminal. If you have power at that point then you will know the neg cable is loose/broken/ not making contact.

_

artmo

Mar 1, 2006
Portland, Oregon
www.myspace.com
that pisses me off, i searched for similar problems, below this page there is the similar threads and i never found "car goes completely dead." Mainly prolly because you can't use 3 letters when you search. why is that, there allot of 3 worded or abreviated words used on this site.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
I'd check the 10Ga wire from the positive battery terminal to the fuse box. It is quite common for the wire to corrode away from inside the insulation.

adicken1

The Man!
Jan 17, 2008
Memphis
IHI-RHC7;1008597 said:
I'd check the 10Ga wire from the positive battery terminal to the fuse box. It is quite common for the wire to corrode away from inside the insulation.

Hey IHI-RHC7... 1,300 posts!! Woohoo!!:bigthumb: