car almost stolen

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
last night my wife and i were on our way home on interstate when all of a sudden this miata crossed over from the other side of i-10 and came barreling in front of me and crashed into the woods.

i pulled over and immediately called 911 and told them what happened and where is was, while running down to check on the driver. When i got there, the very young looking male was unconscious with no seat belt on and his knees were jammed against the dash.

As i told all of this to the operator, i was yelling at the kid to see if he would gain consciousness. She told me not to touch him, and that help was on the way, so i headed up to the interstate to flag any one down while my wife stayed with the kid.

All of a sudden, i hear my wife yelling, "Sir, stay where you are, you may have a concussion or have broken bones". I started to return to my wife and the son of a bitch ran right past me yelling that he had to get the fuck out of there. He ran toward my car and i chased him saying "You aren't gonna steal my fucking car you mother fucker" Well, he made it to my car and was about to take off when i jumped into the passenger side and pulled my keys just as he stalled it.

Then he jumped out of my car and ran across the interstate and through the woods just as a volunteer firefighter pulled up in his truck.

We told our story and some of them went to find the kid. We waited 45 minutes for a highway patrolman to show up, only to get my number and tell me i could leave.

The lesson i learned is that if i ever stop to help someone again, i will definitely secure my car before i bother to check on the hurt. It sounds like shit, but i will be damned if another one of my cars gets stoled by some punk ass kid with no regard to other human life.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Wow! Close call. Glad you and your wife are alright.

Nice of you to stop, but I'm sure you'll think twice next time!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good job Noah. It would have been sweeter if you'd tackled him and held him down for the cops......but probably not the smartest thing to do.

A guy tried to pull me out of my car in Birmingham about ten years ago. I was in my black 1983 supra. He was just walking across an intersection and I was stopped at a red light. When he got even with my car he ran back to it, opened the door and tried to pull me out. He weighed about 160 and I was about 195. Gravity was on my side as well as not being a crack junkie. I was already in first gear so I just dumped the clutch and dragged him about fifty yards before he remembered he could just let go of me...........:burnout:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprahero;1214184 said:
Good job Noah. It would have been sweeter if you'd tackled him and held him down for the cops......but probably not the smartest thing to do.

A guy tried to pull me out of my car in Birmingham about ten years ago. I was in my black 1983 supra. He was just walking across an intersection and I was stopped at a red light. When he got even with my car he ran back to it, opened the door and tried to pull me out. He weighed about 160 and I was about 195. Gravity was on my side as well as not being a crack junkie. I was already in first gear so I just dumped the clutch and dragged him about fifty yards before he remembered he could just let go of me...........:burnout:

Bwahhahahahahaahahah!!!!!!!!!!!11 Awesome jay!!!!!

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Yikes! That's messed up! Glad you and your passengers didn't get hurt. I always lock my doors if I leave my pickup running when I stop to see if someone needs help. I use the spare key to get back in. (assuming my GF isn't in there already)

For the Supra and the M3, I shut them off and lock them both.

The nerve of some people!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I always take the keys with me when I get out of my car to help someone. With my atmospheric venting BOV, the second they shift, they'd probably stall the damn thing anyway..:D

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
kabanimk3supra;1214306 said:
you should have left that bastard to die.

He really didn't know if he knew his biological father until he went to help him. He was only doing what we should all do if someone is in trouble and we have the ability to help them. Nine times out of ten, the person neeeding help will be thankful and appreciative. Noah just got rid of his one in ten early. He should now be able to help nine other people without fear of having his car stolen.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Good grief, Noah! :aigo:

Sounds like something out of a movie.
Especially with the kid being unconscious/delusional and then out of no where in panic for need to leave.

Were you in the Supra?

Glad to hear everything was alright though.
Did he have a reason for barreling across the interstate out of control?

Jay - That is epic, LOL. :biglaugh: You have to give the guy some credit, though.
At least he had a good taste for cars. :)

Jeff

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
kabanimk3supra;1214306 said:
you should have left that bastard to die.
that's probably a little harsh. i hope someone would stop to help me if i for some reason crashed my car.
suprahero;1214410 said:
He should now be able to help nine other people without fear of having his car stolen.
i'm always willing to help people, just ask George, as long as i don't get taken advantage of.

Jeff, i was in the supra, and i still can't believe how close my car was to being stolen right in front of my eyes. My first car was stolen out of my girlfriends driveway on new years eve many years ago.:3d_frown:

kabanimk3supra

kabanimk3supra
Apr 11, 2007
oklahoma
yeah no joke, thats why I said what I said. The bad thing is you can never know what can or will happen.

Don't get me wrong. I've helped stranded people on the side of the highway before, and I will again if I get the chance.

thieves just get under my skin.

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
Thats some wild sh!t , Im glad you & the Wife .....& Supra are well ,
if I see a wreck , I will stop & call 911 too . I wont touch the driver or passengers , just let them know help in on the way .
thats just me though