car alarm wont let car start

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
im interested in buying a 1887 turbo but after talking to the guy he said that something with the alarm system is causing the car to not crank. is there a way that the alarm can be disabled or disconnected to try and start the car

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
can you explain it a lil more like where it is and where the interuption may be some people have said that by just turning the key a certain way can reset it and allow it to start

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
jetjock;1718667 said:
How many ways are there to turn the key?

haha i havent tried it yet was going to get a few options so that i can try them

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

nvm guys i know i have to turn to unlock twice just wondering if there are usually any electrical components that can cause it

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
lock then unlock. un plug battery. do it again. if it works gimme a thumbs up :D

edit:

plug battery back then lock and unlock again lol

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
look under the coloum for a relay wired to the alram. replace relay and try again, could be bad relay. if its a 87 should be a yellow wire hooked to the realy. cut and rejoin it,

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Disable the shit stock alarm system by removing the comp and ground the blue w orange stripe like nick said then install after market alarm. Much better yes? Yes.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
the guy said that the car hasnt had a battery in it for about 2 years would that clear the ecu memory of the alarm being on or will the alarm control system still remember it? im going to do what hvyman and shaeff said just remove the alarm comp and ground the wires

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
The ECU is not involved in the factory alarm. Nor does the alarm box itself have any memory, volatile or otherwise.

I never had many problems with my stock alarm. It went off a few times when unlocking the hatch but after I repaired the cause that stopped. The only other things I did to it was fix a weak spot common to many factory alarms, add a couple of sensors, monitor the fuel filler door, and rewire the interlock to disable the fuel pump instead of the starter. All were are easy to do.

Btw I'm always amused at the gyrations people suggest to reset the thing once triggered. Apparently none of them have read an owner's manual...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
But JJ, you have to turn the key in the passenger side, *then* the hatch, and finally in the driver door. Then you have a fully unlocked car. :D :D :D