Cant find missfire need some help

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
Okay here is what happining. Fresh motor with a 1mm oversize pistons. All new. I only just started it and only put 3 miles on the motor already. Im pretty sure I still have to seat the rings but I dont think it should be missing like it does. All spark plugs,wires, and coil packs are good. CPS is good. I have checked all wiring & connections for Ignition so I think its somewere else. I did find a fuel leak on #6 injector. Really bad O ring went bad. Fixed it but still have the miss. I did see fuel coming from injector #1 but not really bad. So I need some more help narrowing down more causes.

The CPS is on Basic Timing as it says here http://www.supramania.com/forums/content.php?181-How-To-basic-timing-instructions-CPS-alignment

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Have you set the ign timing with a light?

Id replace all the injector seals esp if you just rebuilt it. Also esp since therre like 6$ from rock auto.

cps wiring good?

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
A video is being uploaded

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Yes wiring is good all connected

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

No I didnt set ignitioin timing with a light either

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Need to set ign timing. For all you know it would be at like 0* and idling liek complete shit. Which kinda sounds like it is. Also need to jump te1 and e1 while doing so.

Id let the engine warm up some set the timing and go drive it cause the more it sits there and idles the more the rings are smoothing out in the cylinder.

Basically after you rebuild a engine you start it up, check for leaks, set timing if needed like the 7m, then go drive it right away and do the break in procedure.

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
Hahaha yea. I think I found the problem. After I had changed the o rings I found out that the first injector plug wasnt all the way on. The little pins in the injector were bent. So i bent it back and the plug went on all the way. We will see if thats the issue

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
jetjock;1729666 said:
Ah well, I tried...

8b7962d6-072f-4167-a4b3-524e4fd1d1df.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Never seen any car idle at zero rpm....

Igniter could be bad since the tach gets its signal from the tach. Or you could have a bad wire. Its the black wire from the igniter through the harness to the boddy connectors to the cluster.

How doe the engine idle tho? Smooth? Do you have a timing light that tells you the rpm?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
^nice eye.

You have the bov hooked up to the isc. T
There should be a port on the 3k pipe for the bov to attach to,. What its attached to now needs to go to the accorion hose.,

Yet that is still the strongest 0rpm idle i think ill ever see.

Was this a orig n/a car?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
When you pointed the camera under the car the exhaust sounded rather loud from there too. That won't fix your initial problem but there is another one for you. Sounds like an exhaust leak as well.

I have a strong miss when mine warms up. Nowhere near as bad as this but I have had people ask me what size cams I'm running because of the way it runs.