can't figure this one out

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
i know this is a long shot, but i'll post it anyway.

recently, i put in new rc 550's in the car with the lexus afm and went to try to get it running like it did on the old 550's. which was about 19-22 psi on the .57trim ct.

well, the car wouldn't boost over 11psi with the new injectors, so i knew there was a leak. i tested the system and found the throttle body and isc to be leaking. i solved that problem with new gaskets and a little FIPG.

once that dried, i pressure tested the intake system again with 20psi of pressure and couldn't find a single leak. in fact, my tester shot off my accordion pipe several times when testing. i drove the car, and still had the same problem.

the problem is that the car won't boost over 14 psi. it just hits fuel cut, and i can't seem to find a boost leak. i tested the TPS per the TSRM and it was within speck.

fuel pressure is at 40psi with vacuum line off.
screw on lexus afm is backed out some.
the car runs smoothly, and at cruising speed on interstate, the wideband is about 15 and at wot, it is around 10-11.
my mods are listed below, but some important ones are:
walbro
profec e-01
e-manage, but it doesn't work with my vista powered laptop
.57 trim
spearco ic and cooleeze pipes

if anyone has an idea, please let me know. i don't care if you call me 985-264-8884

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
You are positive the inj. o-rings are all good, yeah? Plugs fairly new and gap is right on as well...? Absolutely sure no vacuum leaks... those hoses leak from the damndest places... best of luck with that, make sure to post when you fix it, please.

Dr Chill

4 hungry Supras
Nov 27, 2007
Mississippi
That sux for you , I had to get new injector seals , the lower injector seals were hard like ashtray plastic & caused a leak .
Hope you get it figured out

noah89t

sorry i didn't mention all that.
i have new vacuum hoses, and there aren't that many anymore on my engine.
the injector o-rings are new and i have learned my lesson long ago about pressure testing the fuel system before putting everything back together. those grommets can easily get destroyed when putting the fuel rail back on the head.
i have new vacuum caps on the accordion hose and throttle body.
all my ic couplers are silicone and i only made two of them loose when i was working on the car.

i have been trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now. i don't usually post for help unless i feel that i have absolutely checked everything that i know to check.

noah89t

you may be right poodles, my old injectors were 195500-2020 high impedance from a 91 turbo two rx-7, i had them cleaned and flow checked when i first bought them. i also had to bypass the injector resistor pack.

i don't know why my fuel cut would have changed so dramatically from 23psi to around 14. i feel that there must be some sort of leak somewhere that i just can't find. maybe i need some other way of checking for leaks.
it isn't that cold down here.