Can you guys give me some ideas please?

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
Hello All,

wanted to get some suggestions and ideas from everyone, I am debating selling my supra after the painting process is finished. I have a list of everything done(off the top of my head right now). I don't have pics yet, however I wanted some suggestions on what price range I could request for the car if I do decide to sell her.

*Moderators* if this is in the wrong section, I apologize, if possible can we move it to the correct section if needed?*

1986.5 Toyota Supra 7MGE (rebuilt engine at 143.xxx miles 7/07/07)
Remanufactured Cylinder head by Cylinder Heads International
Graphite head gasket
ARP head bolts set to 83 ft. lbs torque
Complete engine gasket kit to replace all gaskets during rebuild
All new hoses (coolant/radiator/oil lines/fuel lines)
Hose techniques Silicone hose kit
New Water Pump
New Alternator
Polished Timing belt cover
Greddy Timing Belt
NGK OE Replacement Plugs gapped .44
NGK 9.5mm Spark Plug Wires
New distributor cap
New dist. Rotor
Aftermarket Intake with new air filter
Oil changed with castrol 10w30 during reassembly (07/07/07)
Again after first 8 times motor was cranked over (07/08/07)
Again after first 100 miles of drive time (07/14/07)
New OEM Toyota Oil filter used each time after oil change
Optima Red top battery installed
0 gauge negative battery cable
0 gauge positive battery cable
New injector grommet kits for all six injectors
Aftermarket steering wheel installed
Aftermarket white gauges installed(ebay gauges)
Xenon projector headlights(ebay)
1989+ light cherry taillights installed
All new windshield wipers all the way around

Intake manifold, valve covers, Timing Belt cover #2, exhaust shield have all been painted with 1400 degree alluminum high temp heat paint along with a few other misc. parts

Brakes replaced (11/09/07)
New OE Replacement Rotors (all four rotors)
New brake pads (all pads replaced at time of rotor replacement)
Brakes bleed at all four calipers in proper order

1 ½ gallons of 4H1 base coat applied to vehicle
1 gallon of high gloss clear coat applied to vehicle

Parts not installed however included with car:
Asin Oil pump (new)
New Oil pan gasket
Any and all remaining gaskets
Stainless Steel Clutch line (for clutch slave cylinder)
Chrome door sills "Supra" logo in center (MKIV)
One OEM replacement Engine mount
New leather shift boot and Emergency brake boot.

Side note, no audio setup installed (no speakers, no head unit).

I realize I do not have pics ready just yet. I'm not looking to make mad profit, I would be happy if I would break even or just slightly over. I've seen a lot of stock(non rebuilt) N/A's around Texas go for between $1000 and $4500 so I'm just trying to get ideas from our experienced members who could point me to a legitimate asking price.

Thanks all, for your assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
So I've looked around online and cars with similar milage are selling between 1500 and 2500 depending on location. I'm thinking of asking $2500obo for my car with the expectation of settling for around $1800-2000 would anyone think this is unreasonable to ask?

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
you can describe your car to the tee 100% and pictures will say 1000x more...
And in all honesty i would wait till after PINKS airs the 19th of this month.. the price of our cars WILL GO UP.. people may think not but sorry i think so and i have been in the used car bussiness all my life pretty much working on used cars for car lots.. And when you take a import and eat a USA iron muscle car like the 69 chevelle on national TV.. supras will def go up in price.. i would say the avrage supra that sells now for 2500 bucks will atleast fetch 3500...
thats my stock market tip of the day

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
HAHA sweet, Thanks for the feedback. It probably won't hit the market until early next month, it's going to rain for the next two days and I still have a few parts to paint and reassemble everything so I'm assuming in about a two to three week time frame she will be all put back together. Of course I will have pics by then as well. Right now I have a lot of projects at work, and with the spring time Texas weather it's a little difficult to finish the painting on time. Aside from that, interior still needs to go back together.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
My tip would be not to post on here that you will "settle for" a number lower then your asking price and then turn around and post the car here for sale and wonder why you are getting lowball offers ;)

ill Z

Back on the Grind
Mar 18, 2007
USA
Sorry, I should have specified, I do not plan to sell her over the forums. If someone really wants her and is willing to offer $1800 and I have not found any other buyers. That's a different story. Although I suppose someone could be reading this locally and make the offer, that would be kudo's to them.