can you believe this

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
alright so my backend at higher speed was making some noise on me.. also when i would brake it would sound like a woo wooo wooo.. so today i took the tire off thinking that my pads must be getting low or something... im looking and the pads look fine almost like new.. so im like hmm then i see on the top of the caliper that it was shiny like it had rubbed against the wheel.. look inside the wheel and it has the same shiney marks.. so then i push on the caliper and it moved im like wtf...

after closer examination the top bolt had been broken and whoever had done the brakes last thought putting some sort of liquid nails where the bolt was would hold it... so i spent all day trying to get the bolt out of the caliper bracket.

we tried even an easy out on it and it wouldnt come.. we ended up driling out the hole and retapping it..

oh btw i have recipts for the car since it was bought and all work was done at toyota dealer... so ill add this to the kinda sketchy stuff that they do...

bigal0043

Jun 29, 2005
Plattsburgh,NY
www.mk3supra.net
i have no idea how long this has been this way.. i have had the car since last august and its only been making the noise recently.. when i said the liquid nails there was a little bolt inside the caliper bolt hole so idk what they were thinking...

927mgtepat

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Brighton, MI
Damn, You are lucky you found that. I used to work at Pep Boys auto and we had lots of F-up stuff come in, control arms being held in place with C-clamps, as to the brake pads completely being gone and the caliper piston going all the way through the back side of the rotor to the cooling fans.