Can I use a 7MGE from a '90 Cressida

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
I searched but past threads seemed to get off topic and did not nail down an answer. A '90 Cressida has come up for sale cheap locally. Can I take the 7M out of that and swap all the components from my old siezed engine onto the Cressida 7M and install to my 5 speed '89 Supra? I realize the oil pan is different and sensors and harness will need to be swapped. Is it worth going to look at? Matt

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
BlackMKIII said:
But that's all in the intake. If he's only swapping long blocks, should be okay.

With what I know now about the supra I would probably just strip the block and head of cressida parts and bolt on all the supra related parts.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
There's always someone out there who wants a good shell. Cressidas, like MK3 supras are candidates for 1jz/2jz/7mgte swaps ;)

gelboy1015

Vroom Vroom!
Jan 1, 2007
Houston, TX
motor mount place is different... i bought an 88 supra to put the motor in my 89 cressida and one of em had the mounts in a different spot than the other... mounts and oil dipstick i believe

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Soundwave2000 has a cresida motor in his mk3. Droped right in fairly easy.

I want a cressida! If its not all fubared.

AW11inVa

Nov 15, 2007
Broadway Va
I went and looked at this Cressida this morning. It was a nice car!! Almost too nice to pull the motor from it. It has 124,000 miles and it did smoke a little bit at start up but went away and it idled and ran smoothly.

The body was strait and the bad thing about it was the drivers rear quarter a section of sheet metal was pushed in and there was some small surface rust unter the drivers tail light. That dent was not creased and could easily be pulled out and repainted you would never know it was there.

I got the seller down to $800. I am not sure what to do! GRRRRRR!!! As a whole car it was a good deal but I only want the motor.