Can I run 12s & Dyno@350+hp on stock twins w/ these mods?

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
my aim for fairly stock 1j is anywhere from the 350-400hp range. my mods are as follows: (basics) blitz sus intake, 3"downpipe and 3" piping with greddy sp exhaust, 255 fuel pump, aeromotive fpr, mk4 550cc injectors, ebay fmic, hks ssqbov, & greddy emanage. so my fuel management lineup is pretty much straight, the 550s should be good enuff for whatever the stock twins can fart out. still debating on the y-pipe for 2 reasons, (1) havent seen dyno results from anyone using it & (2) im kinda lazy to pull the twins off.lol.

with the stuff goin on my car i really wanna see mid 12s. wanted to know if you guys think i can get this or is it just a dream. i really wanna turn some heads here in nyc for the simple fact all the guys i know out here either run 7m or 2jz. i also kind wanna make a name for myself, everyones been asking me where my car is at (been parked up for more than a year) and i cant come out being a dissappointment, and its even worse cuz my mom came to me one day and told me "listen, you had this car parked up for so long! and spent some much money on it, it better be something to talk about in this neighborhood!" man her words really got to me. i really wanna do wanna be something to talk about. the white cress with the 7mgte in really made a name for itself. people who didnt know jack-shit about cars knew about that turbo white cressida. i want people to talking about my black cress like that too.

well let me know what you guys think,i have most of the parts, just got a few more things to order. im tryin to get everything while my harness gets done. i figure by the time it comes back i should have everything ready for install. and im definately taking a pass down the track before thise year is up!

thanks for your help,

daniel

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
You can get in the 12s if you are a good driver, have good tires, and have good tuning.

As far as 350 at the wheels, that is a big if. Some have approached that figure with a stock Y pipe. While it may be physically possible to overboost the twins for a second, get the 350 at the wheels, it is not exactly a good idea.

You may run into issues where the boost will not hold steady. You also have too much fuel for stock twins, FPR and fuel pump making you super rich. You might end up with a soggy top end if you don't get some good tuning.

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
350-400rwhp may be an issue to make consistently with the stock twins. Is this going in an mkiii chassis?

I am having trouble holding the twins steady at 17psi. They will throught a gear but then sometimes drop back to 16-15psi. Either way....they will self destruct sooner or later at 17psi.

Just with a strong running 1j you will probably impress alot of the area.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
ok i just got back home a few minutes ago from a race. now im really upset! one of my boys just ran an s2000 with supposedly just intake and exhaust, my boy was running an 89 supra(7mgte) he has stock upgrade 60-1, vpc, gcc, intake, 3" all the way back, mbc, fp, fpr, and 550injectors, running @ 12lbs. and that s2000 cleaned him up pretty badly. im not upset that he lost the race cuz i know his car was breakin up a lil as well as his car really needs to be tuned, plus that s2000 was farting nos out his ass!. but the main point is in my neighborhood as of now, toyotas get no respect, supras really have a bad name for themselves, especially 7m. i mean i know us 1j owners dont like 7ms too much, but i KNOW where i came from, the first car i drove was an 86 cressida with a 5mge and my first car was a 89 supra turbo 7mgte. so watching that s2000 walk my boy down the stretch like that really gets me up set. and believe me guys, i havent seen a 1jz in a street race yet! i went for a ride in a automatic 1jz with 1 of the turbos on its way out and that shit pulled pretty damn hard. and theres this other 1jz supra goin around that runs like trash, so im not really gettin the influence i need right now, but i know what i want from my car, and i know what i wanna take down every single car in my hood. its just gettin rediculous now. i gotta make this work. as soon as my harness comes back im getting right to work! this is why i need you guys help, i dont know what to expect from a 1jz, i just dont want my car running half ass. i decided that im not gonna be cheap so im gonna go ahead with an upgraded ypipe, and the most boost ill run is 15lbs, as for the fuel, i dont think ill run rich cuz cant the emanage detune it??? im hoping to see some pretty nice gains with the emanage. im gonna do everything else and run the car for a week, and if i feel i need more than that, im gonna install the emanage, but im still gonna be taking it one step at a time.

by the way the 1j is going in a 90 cressida,

T701jz

3M ENGINEER - R.&.D
Jul 23, 2005
Santa Clarita Ca.
One of the guys at So Cal did 319 at the rear with just a Mine ecu. Mike Urbano(RIP) did 450+ with a little bit more stuff then your package like hks twin power, hks cam shaft/cam gears, hks clutch, and a good suspension/wheels.
With the Cressida, you definitely wont have any problem reaching 12s. Mike once told me that all I need to make power with just the stock set up was to go with 440 injectors and with hks shaft/gears. But if I go beyond 440 I will definitely need some kind of fuel management. Then I told him I need more then 350 to the wheel, Mike LOL. So he showed me his GreddyTDO6 pkg. for sale. I have all the confidence with the 1jz. Good Luck.

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
Get the car running fine and you will suprise a bunch of people. I cannot even remember how many of dozens of cars mine has taken down on stock boost. There is a bike or two in that mix a 400+hp mustang, took down a saleene Sunday night...the list just goes on.... you'll defiantly be fine with showing the neighborhood up.

It sounds like you friend with the 7m just does not have his car running right. I do not understand why people take their car to the track when they know its not in tip top condition and expect good times out of it.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
well im really hoping that the emanage makes a big difference on the cars performance. a friend mine called me from a dyno in florida to tell me about this mk3 with a 1jz, dynoed @ 373hp @ 18psi. he had stock y pipe stock injectors, fp, fpr, fmic, greddy emanage and he was running on race gas. i guess that race guess really helped out alot as well. on pump gas he probably would of been seeing around 330hp. it was from that fone call that i was really impressed with the emanage, and the fact that the emanage really seems to be good for the money.

ill probably run the stock injectors until the emanage goes in, when i put the emanage in ill drop in the 550s.

thanks alot guys, i really appreciate the help and support. im hoping to start a whole new era for the toyota boys in brooklyn! im gonna retire these 7m's and make some 2jz owners shit theres pants!

also tryin to lookin into a turbo upgrade for the future, im gonna run the stock twins hopefully until next summer. but by then im really tryin to upgrade. i refuse to go single, i want to remain twin turbo so i would prefer an upgraded twinturbo kit, im on the lookout for a manifold or someone who can make one for me. i want a manifold that can hold some gt28's. 2 of those should do real nice on the 1jz. i know someone on here dynoed 500 with that setup. that seems perfect for me.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Just remember.. if you get 550s, you are probably going to need to either get high impedance injectors or get an injector driver of some sort [like a solenoid resistor from a MkIV Supra]. US Spec 2JZ 550cc injectors are low impedance, and will require this.. unless the E-manage compensates for that? [I don't know if it can or not - I don't think the AEM can even do that without an extra add-on box].

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
i bought some mk4 550s already in the 1jz fuel from someone on the forums or on here (dont remember) but yea i got them last week, and i already got the resistor box from a turbo supra my friend was scrapping last week. i still have to order my fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator. the intercooler im gettin off of ebay. im still saving up a few more bucks for trevs ypipe/downpipe kit(hopefully he'll still have it by then). gonna go to the dealer and pick up a stock clutch disk and oil filter, going to the parts store to get a driveshaft carrier bearing, all my engine and tranny fluids.

I

itr206

I dont think the emanage can compensate for that. Thats a resistor thing.

The stock MKIII resistor box will work fine though right?
I was planning on using that for mine

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
i think the 350 whp has been addressed, but another thing to think about regarding the mid 12s desire... weight... especially in a sedan... i think the weight is comparable to a mk3, about 3500 lbs... but not being familiar with the cressida, i'm not sure how easy it would be to trim it down.

some things to think about for weight reduction... no amps/subs, light wheel/tire combo, kick the backseat on track days, and maybe remove some sound deadening material.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
the title for my cress says 3300lbs and some change, and im about 180lbs, so ill just round the wait to about 3500lbs. i dont have no music in the trunk or anything. and i dont wanna gut pieces out my interior, i wanna run with full interior, if i can find some nice bucket seats i would definately do that for weight reduction, but thats all. nothing to drastic, cuz im not gonna be street racing with half my interior left at home.

well after talking to a close friend, he reminded me of my original intentions for my 1jz cressida. i was supposed to be running a pretty much stock setup and modding it 1 step at a time. so i decided my only mods for right now is just the intake, ebay fmic(since i cant find a stock one for dirt cheap), 3" downpipe and exhaust(stock ypipe). im also gonna order a act 6 puck disk since there not that more expensive than a stock disk. ill just leave most of my performance parts alone for the first few weeks, but the good thing is at least i know i have them.

i also think the 550s are too much for the stock twins and that the jdm 440s and jdm 2jz maps are the perfect combo for maxing them out.

and yea the 7m resistor works fine from what i've read.

I

itr206

440's are even too much for stock twins.
i was running 1.0-1.1 bar on them and still taking out like 14% fuel. My fuel was dead on tune though. Not just a guesstimate.
I dont think 12's are a problem dude. If you can drive and pushing 350whp or so it wont be a problem touching 12's

psifactor

Apr 1, 2005
Clearwater, FL
www.myspace.com
itr206 said:
440's are even too much for stock twins.
i was running 1.0-1.1 bar on them and still taking out like 14% fuel. My fuel was dead on tune though. Not just a guesstimate.
I dont think 12's are a problem dude. If you can drive and pushing 350whp or so it wont be a problem touching 12's
14%???? I had a perfect tune at 11.5-12.0 to 1 and i was taking out 6-9% on 14psi. I guess every car is going to be slightly different and with age injectors do not flow as well.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
spoke to another friend earlier(has experience with the emanage) he told me the 550s are ok once i run the emanage with it. so ill just do my whole fuel setup one time. whenever i decide to run the emanage, thats when i will put in my injectors, fp, & fpr as well as up the boost and an hks twin power ignition to balance out for all that fuel.

as soon as i get my car running(once everything is running good) ill take a few passes down the track with just intake, exhaust, and fmic. then a week or 2 later ill wire up the emanage and me and my boy will just mess around with it and see if we can savage out some better times. then when im feeling a lil funky, ill say F-IT! and just drop in the fp, fpr, injectors, hks twin power, & crank the boost up and really get busy on the track! this way i can really see differences in my upgrades.

how does that sound?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I would consider a Cressida. It would be a great candidate for sleeper to take a JZ donation. So many poor unsuspecting ricers AND tuners.

JDM CRESS

Jun 29, 2005
brooklyn, ny
i wish i could say the same, cressidas already made a name for themselves in brooklyn. theres no such thing as cressida sleeper. it'll be cool when i go to the races out in Long Island n Jersey, cuz everyone out there has evos, srt-4s, vws, civics & integras. dont really see too many toyotas now adays, there might a couple of 2j's creeping around thats about it.

the great thing about my car is im gonna be 1 of very few thats running a 1jz. nyc is infested with 7m's. and if your a toyota guy and dont have 7m, you have a 2jz. 1j's are really rare around here. in brooklyn alone i know theres 2 supras and 1 cressida running around with 1j's. and from what i've seen, there not too impressive. i guess these guys just dont know how to work with the 1j. lets just hope i make a name for 1j's on the streets of NYC!

im expecting my harness back by the end of the week so within the nex few days i wanna try to pick up all the parts and accessories i need.