Can anyone Polish or chrome metal?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
im looking to find someone that can polish parts like piping, or valve covers. and for a decent price. if you can or know anyone that can do this please let me know!! or if anyone can do chroming! thanks!

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
It is not there any more. I am sure you can find a local shop to get it done for you though. Personally I would get it polished then powder coated clear so it will not get oxidized, I also hear the chrome looking powder coat is getting better.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
BorHor;998292 said:
It is not there any more. I am sure you can find a local shop to get it done for you though. Personally I would get it polished then powder coated clear so it will not get oxidized, I also hear the chrome looking powder coat is getting better.

how is it getting 'better'?

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
suprafanatic;997971 said:
im looking to find someone that can polish parts like piping, or valve covers. and for a decent price. if you can or know anyone that can do this please let me know!! or if anyone can do chroming! thanks!

i can do it, some of my examples are in the misc vendors section. i won't be able to pick up any new jobs for 2 weeks atleast though. i have 1 more week of work on my motorcycle, then a week of stuff getting caught back up and my ffim, then i'll be open again for any jobs

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
just depends on how much money you want to spend hand polish isn't going to look as good as shop coating but it will cost a lot more so it is really just up to your piggy bank

selfinfliction

Dec 11, 2007
ky
supramk3man;998540 said:
just depends on how much money you want to spend hand polish isn't going to look as good as shop coating but it will cost a lot more so it is really just up to your piggy bank

yep, one of the local guys here just paid $2500 to have his frame and swingarm polished on his motorcycle. he got pissed when i told him i'd do that plus the wheels and engine covers for $1100 :biglaugh:

and it would be as shiney as mine:

p998903_1.jpg

p998903_2.jpg

hehe sorry i can't post pics of the whole bike, it won't be done till next week :naughty:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
BorHor;998367 said:
I meant looking more chrome. (Bad choice of words as always.)

the single stage chrome is probably the nicest,but still has that ceramic coated look.i wish i had some good pic's of thing's i've done