Cam timing, With stock cams and gears NA-T making A shit load of low end torque..

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
I have a 7M NA-T and wondering about my cam timing and if I can do anything to help my torque and HP curve.. Right now I have the cam timing set at OEM spec but was doing some reading and wondering how many degree's it would change per one tooth on the stock cams and gears.... Same as like Adjustable cam gears but not as fine adjustment. These are non interference motors so playing with it changing it one tooth would not hurt it other than make it run possibly worse correct?

Here is my latest dyno graph as of today on a mustang dyno..

360ft lbs torque/239HP

p1645837_1.jpg

Now what I can see is if I Advance both the intake and exhaust cams I will get more low rpm power, less high rpm power

If I Retard both the intake and exhaust cams I will get more high rpm power, less low rpm power

I understand that changing the cam timing will also play a role in my ignition timing so as long as I re set that I should be good.. Anyways what do you guys thing of this, what would it hurt maybe retarding both cams 1 tooth and see what it does to the graph?

Thanks