Cam Seal Writeup

landtoy80

Jul 16, 2007
grand junction, CO
I was going to replace it when I replace the t-belt but would like to replace the seal now but don't want to replace the belt at this time.
Just wanted to know how to do it without doing a t-belt replacement?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i havent done it on the 7m but i assume its just as easy as the jz engines, just follow the TSRM to make sure you do it right its really easy

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
dont see the part in the tsrm that tells you how to do the cam seal replacement. what am i missing?

p1799025_1.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Set engine to tdc. Loosen Tensioner. Pull belt off cams. Pull cam gears off(helps if you have the tool to hold the gears or a impact.). Pull the backing plate off. Change seals. Reverse.

Make sure to rotate the crank twice after installing the belt to make sure all the marks are still lined up and it didn't jump.

And torque the tensioner to 36ft lbs.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
hvyman;1799028 said:
Set engine to tdc. Loosen Tensioner. Pull belt off cams. Pull cam gears off(helps if you have the tool to hold the gears or a impact.). Pull the backing plate off. Change seals. Reverse.

Make sure to rotate the crank twice after installing the belt to make sure all the marks are still lined up and it didn't jump.

And torque the tensioner to 36ft lbs.

thank you!