calling all Jacksonville, FL mkIII's

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
I was on the way down to jacksonville for the Florida/Georgia game last weekend and about 50 miles from the line on i-95 south I blew my headgasket.The car is currently at my grandparents house over in duval county by the mall. I was wondering, if you guys did not do your own headgasket jobs, who you took it to, what you had done in addition to the headgasket job, how much it was and if you were satisfied with the work they did. Thanks for the input guys! I'm an n/a also if that matters...Thanks!

ians13

Nov 8, 2005
Jacksonville, fl
am in jax doing it my self. come to think of it i don't trust any one to work on my car. but i must say if you have to pay some one, pay toyota. atlest they will stand behind there work if not stage 6 but they are a performance shop so turn around time may be a little long.

cypher02xd

This newb owns you
Oct 28, 2006
Maryland
you guys live in jax? damn. i wish i had been a member when i was down there this past summer. i'll be down there soon enough tho when i move!

oscar35783

Feb 24, 2006
Jax, FL
cypher02xd said:
you guys live in jax? damn. i wish i had been a member when i was down there this past summer. i'll be down there soon enough tho when i move!
There's a few of us here in Jax. Hit us up when you move down here.

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
sounds good...I am not sure whether i will work on it down there on thanksgiving break or try to bring it back then. I cannot tow it with the GMC conversion van we have. It can tow up to 5000 lbs. but the u-haul people said it won't work or something. I'd rather just do it down there to save a buck...

hornet7288

Oct 18, 2005
Savannah, GA
sweet....how much would ya'll charge? I'd really rather people do it that know what they're doing. If I got the gasket and bolts how long would it take for a few people to do it?

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Matt and I did his..... but it took a while cuz we had to wait on parts... Don't you want to deck the block and mill the head ? If you don't than it should not take too long. I would say about a day.