Call for AEM EMS Maps/calibrations (7m)

mkii_turbo

Jun 24, 2006
Canada
Howdy guys,

I'm a bit of a lurker here but not new to the supra community, I've had a mkii for 6 or 7 years and swapped in a 7m-gte myself a few years ago.

I picked up a fairly well built 88t from CRF_rider here on the forums last summer and am just getting around to setting up the AEM, atleast running well enough to drive the car to a tuner/dyno off boost.

Would anyone mind sharing their 7m maps, even if they don't match my current setup (720cc injectors, MAP/IAT speed density, GT4088, etc).

My final goal is to build a 500 or so RWHP pump gas car, so I'm interested in looking at everyones timing maps, enrichment curves,etc I've read about pulling alot of values from the numerous mkiv maps (timing, enrichment,etc) but would like to play it much safer as I'm quite a novice to the standalone game. My only previous experience is powercommander setups on motorcycles.

Any advice positive/negative or indifferent would be appreciated :)

Thanks guys.

Alf
86 mkii 7m-gte
88 mkiii GT4088, AEM

attachments can be emailed to mkii_turbo --a--t-- hotmail.com

WeDgE

Buh-bye 7M...
Jan 2, 2006
Alberta
I thought the AEM EMS systems came pre-loaded with basemaps? That should get you up and running...just tune out some fuel under vacuum so you can get the car to the dyno.

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
87_7MGTE said:
^the base map is just that, a basemap. it assumes you have stock injectors, and the stock afm. it wont work with a MAP based system.

Really? I am sticking with my AFM and stock injectors until I get all my T4 stuff in. So can I just hook up my AEM EMS and it will run like stock? If so, SHAWEETT

aljordan

LEADED FUEL ONLY
Jul 14, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
www.apeserver.com
Kyle87T said:
Really? I am sticking with my AFM and stock injectors until I get all my T4 stuff in. So can I just hook up my AEM EMS and it will run like stock? If so, SHAWEETT

Not anywhere close to stock. It's a basemap that you have to modify heavily. It just gets you somewhat "close" to a running car.

If you don't know the software well, and/or can tune, you might be in over your head. It's a learning curve that some may find too steep to climb.

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
aljordan said:
Not anywhere close to stock. It's a basemap that you have to modify heavily. It just gets you somewhat "close" to a running car.

If you don't know the software well, and/or can tune, you might be in over your head. It's a learning curve that some may find too steep to climb.

I agree 100%. With the "base" map (while still on stock AFM) I was able to start my car and limp it across town -- but it wasn't close to being as refined as the stock ECU and I certainly wouldn't have trusted it enough to boost...

As far as running speed density & the learning curve in general: With trial and error efforts, it probably took me 6 hours to convert from the base map to speed density (basically just to get to the point it would start, idle, and drive around the parking lot without dying). I easily spent another 40 hours driving the car around tuning under various conditions. But if I were to do it all over again, I could probably get just as far along in 6-8 hours as I did in those 48 hours -- it just shows you how steep that learning curve is...

I think there are some maps on Mkiiitech.com (whenever it gets back online). But I would really caution against blindly plugging in someone else's map. Chances are good that their setups are significantly different from yours (ported heads, bigger turbos, different sensors, larger injectors, or even simple stuff like base fuel pressure).

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Tho I can understand your thoughts on that kwnate, that's exactly why I plan on getting my own AEM, and happily sharing every single bit of knowledge I learn on it, as I am with the MAFT-Pro currently.

I'm a big proponent of community learning ;) Nothing against you personally, man!