CajunKenny's Build Thread

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
It's been a while since I've actually sat down and browsed SM (I miss it!) because of school and work. Lots of progress sir! You got quite the deal with that built 7M, talk about "Another man's trash is another man's gold." LOL.

Sucks about your wheel incident, companies alike usually employ dumbasses. My cousin recently brought in a "Gram Lights" wheel to switch the tire off onto his current wheel and they assumed he didn't want the Gram Lights back and just gave him the current wheel. They even tried to keep his lug nuts! Idiots!! Glad you got your incident sorted.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
sunnysupra;1714083 said:
nice build

Thank you sir! :D

Supra0089;1715447 said:
I don't know how your turbo is sitting Kenny...but my heat shield just took a little cutting and it fits my JT62 just fine....

BTW I'm going to beat you to the dyno/tune (going this friday). :)

Keep up the good work man....oh and...your engine bay is gorgeous...I'll trade you

I'm still running the stock exhaust mani so I imagine that it's sitting the same as yours. The only reason I'm not running a heatshield is because of my own laziness. The bolt hole in the top of my exhaust housing came with a busted off bolt in it. I simply haven't taken the time to extract it.

I'm glad to hear that you're heading to the dyno. Is your meth kit in and pumping? Be sure to post up your dyno results. I don't mind you posting them in here. It'll be a good reference for me.

Make sure your WG pressure is at least 14 psi or that turbo is going to be a real dog on the dyno...

Thanks for the engine bay trade offer. I'll keep that in mind! ;)

Supra28;1715519 said:
It's been a while since I've actually sat down and browsed SM (I miss it!) because of school and work. Lots of progress sir! You got quite the deal with that built 7M, talk about "Another man's trash is another man's gold." LOL.

Sucks about your wheel incident, companies alike usually employ dumbasses. My cousin recently brought in a "Gram Lights" wheel to switch the tire off onto his current wheel and they assumed he didn't want the Gram Lights back and just gave him the current wheel. They even tried to keep his lug nuts! Idiots!! Glad you got your incident sorted.

Yeah, that engine is one of those rare times that I get a good deal. Typically, I'm getting ripped off by tire shops... :biglaugh:

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
wow this has come a long ways. Lookin sick man!

I shall turn to you i hope you know to help with my maft pro lol

oh..and i HATE you for stealing that crack heads 7m... -.-..why can't that ever happen in freakin WY! lol

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Supra0089;1716279 said:
No Meth kit installed. I just wanted to see what it would do first.

90 degrees, 90 humidity, 16 psi, 93 oct:

402whp/408trq

Very nice! That's close to my power estimations since I now have a "NON-SLIPPING" clutch. :biglaugh: The butt dyno is feeling about ~390 now.

Blackdawg;1716480 said:
wow this has come a long ways. Lookin sick man!

I shall turn to you i hope you know to help with my maft pro lol

oh..and i HATE you for stealing that crack heads 7m... -.-..why can't that ever happen in freakin WY! lol

Thanks bro!

Sure, I'll help you with the Maft. A great reference is my thread on www.fullthrottletech.com. It has my whole experience in one place! :)

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Sorry to revive an old thread(But such a good one..) Very very nice build Kenny. I do have to say I'm quite envious of how your car has turned out. I'm hoping I'll be able to get mine looking half as good as yours.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I hate to think that my build thread is now considered "old"... :( (wink...wink...)

Thanks for the compliments! A lot has been done to the car since I bought it. It has been a frustrating road at times; but, I have to say......when everything is working as it should......these things are a HUGE joy to drive. It just brings a smile to your face. :D

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
It's been awhile so I thought I'd post up something new. These arrived from the U.K. a couple weeks ago. I have been searching for a decent set for some time now.

Drumroll............................................................................

p1750566_1.jpg

p1750566_2.jpg

Started dis-assembly for painting

p1750566_3.jpg

This is printed on the bottom

p1750566_4.jpg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Ha ha...Good eye Steve! You'll notice the location of that neon though. ON THE BENCH/OFF THE CAR!

I do have to admit though that I have not removed the Neon off the sides, front, and rear... :nono:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
The wiring you see is just to move the mirror. These are not heated nor do they fold electrically. They are the Manually Folding Euro Mirrors.

The electronic folding mirrors are WAAAY expensive and are not plug and play like the Euro's are...

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
CajunKenny;1750639 said:
The wiring you see is just to move the mirror. These are not heated nor do they fold electrically. They are the Manually Folding Euro Mirrors.

The electronic folding mirrors are WAAAY expensive and are not plug and play like the Euro's are...

Ah. Had a boner for a minute there. Well, either way, great buy! Mine flap in the wind when I drive. Not sure what's up with that.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
They are heavier. What makes them heavier is the triangular part that mounts to the door. It's metal. If I were to guess, I'd say that they're about a 3rd heavier than our US stock mirrors.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Place your bets!!!! :biglaugh:

I work with accurate scales at work so I could easily weigh the Euro Mirror. However, my stock mirror is so flimsy that I'm afraid that once I remove it to install the Euro's, it will fall apart in my hands. So, I'm not ready to remove it for weighing. :)