CajunKenny's Build Thread

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
The uppers are made to last as long as the boot doesn't get ripped. Once it's ripped, contamination gets in and that's the end of that haha

For the lowers, either soak in PB Blaster or use Kroil (all of my friends swear by this stuff, can only get it from Kano Labs). Give each bolt a spray, maybe a light tap with a hammer, and it should be easy as cake to get em out.

I need to order some. If you don't have any, douse in penetrating lube, tap with a hammer, lube again and an impact gun if you have it. Impacts are nice ;)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Supra0089;1656934 said:
I know I'm being a downer...but...I failed at the lower ball joints...and then when I was having Toyota do them, I asked them about the uppers...and their head mechanic (I know him personally), laughed at me and said...please don't make me do those upper ones...he then went on to say that in their record book...they had never done an upper set in history...and then quoted me like a grand to do them...

Just sayin...

Best of luck though (and I really mean that)

Buy the upper control Arm and it comes with the ball joint.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
It's all good.

I got the passenger side one off last night. It wasn't that bad. I'll post up pics of my tool aresenal tonight when I get home from work. The new one is installed and torqued. :)

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
whitemike;1657387 said:
Damn. Some of you are so pessimistic ..

Supra0089;1657405 said:
It's cause it's winter...and I can't drive my car...makes me crazy

Edit...sorry for off topicness

Exactly. Hey Mike, come up to where I am in Illinois. It's been a high of 35 all winter, I think it's regularly 15 degrees with negative or single digit windchills and snow

Or go to moose land hahaha ;P

Supra0089

Jan 13, 2009
New Hampshire
Moy;1657427 said:
Exactly. Hey Mike, come up to where I am in Illinois. It's been a high of 35 all winter, I think it's regularly 15 degrees with negative or single digit windchills and snow

Or go to moose land hahaha ;P

Yup, plenty of moose/bear/deer/coyote/fox etc etc here (NH)...and snow to boot! 6F this morning w/o windchill.

The beast hibernates until April.

Yay, more OT'ness

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
Supra0089;1657432 said:
Yup, plenty of moose/bear/deer/coyote/fox etc etc here (NH)...and snow to boot! 6F this morning w/o windchill.

The beast hibernates until April.

Yay, more OT'ness

Haha I was referring to Canada but I suppose NH works too :biglaugh:

I'm about to buy myself a torpedo heater to warm my garage to a comfortable level to work hours on end haha

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Here's a shot of the bad lower ball joint next to a new one. The boot on the old one wasn't torn; but, it was dry. As in no grease inside. Hence my occasional clunking noise.

I forgot to include the tools used to remove it; but, I used a can of WD40, Hammer, Pry Bar, and a Puller.

p1657711_1.jpg

And what is this!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!??!!??!?! :D

p1657711_2.jpg

p1657711_3.jpg

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Moy;1657440 said:
Haha I was referring to Canada but I suppose NH works too :biglaugh:

I'm about to buy myself a torpedo heater to warm my garage to a comfortable level to work hours on end haha

You guys have been getting worse weather than us this winter. Hardly any snow up here and fairly mild.

I knew Kenny would have no problem getting those off. Looking good my friend.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Moy;1657736 said:
very nice Kenny!

any shots of the stance yet? :)

No shots yet. I will be dropping my rotors off for turning on Monday and then I have to take my wheels down to have my spare tires mounted up and will also be running my meth line with the fuel lines so I'll need access to the underside. So unfortunately, it'll be a little while before she's back on the ground. :(

djordan97;1657865 said:
looking good

Thanks David. I'm ready to get out and make and make some more vids! :)

Supra28;1657874 said:
Aw man, can't wait to see the stance! Remember now, if there's wheel gap...GO LOWER! ;)

Got it! ;)

Supra0089;1657883 said:
Hey Kenny, you're doing good man, keep up the good work. I can't wait to see your mount location for the Meth Inj...so I can steal it :)

As long as I get all the credit! :)

SupraRon;1657955 said:
Looking good my friend.

Thanks Ron!

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Kenny,

Supra Or The Wife?

It seems like the Supra gets all the good stuff and the wife is left alone to sleep.

I saw this DoucheBag(Kenny) posting at 2:00AM on the forums. It is as if he waits for his wife to fall asleep as then says, "Heheheheh play time."

For all other users, Kenny knows I am joking.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
IBoughtASupra;1658080 said:
Kenny,

Supra Or The Wife?

It seems like the Supra gets all the good stuff and the wife is left alone to sleep.

I saw this DoucheBag(Kenny) posting at 2:00AM on the forums. It is as if he waits for his wife to fall asleep as then says, "Heheheheh play time."

For all other users, Kenny knows I am joking.

Ha ha... No that particular night, I couldn't sleep and had to work the early shift at work. ;)

djordan97;1658141 said:
oh ho I think that if kenny's wife thought the car was getting too much attention she'd ...... take him to task.

^FACT! :biglaugh: