Apr 1, 2005
United States
7691.jpg

Last edited:

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
I'm pretty big into Judo/wrestling/grappling, but i can't put forth the dedication to the striking aspect enough to be in a legit MMA match. Wish i could though, just not enough time and $$ for training. I usually train with 200+ lb guys too, so fighting another 145lb-er like myself would be a welcome change....lol.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Matt, I don't remember you looking so intimidating............:aigo:

I'm too big a sissy to get in there and fight or I'd be doing it........well there's also that whole being out of shape and being old thing. Plus, I never really liked being hit in the face, but only because it hurt.

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Ive started training in muay thai and regular boxing, and im adding some BJJ into the mix with the eventual goal to get into amateur MMA when i get out. I want to start training in BJJ full time once i get the weight loss im looking for so i dont have to spend so much time doing calorie burn stuff. Ive always been intrigued by ground and submission fighting and im really quite excited to just go out and try it

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I've never actually fought in a cage. I did practice jujitsu for 4 years when I was younger. It was good times. Kept me in shape and I even learned a thing or two. Submission was something I was always good at. I learned I am not a striker. I would rather take you to the ground and break whatever limb you happen to give me.
The only injuries I sustained were (aside from a couple broken toes and fingers) a broken collar bone, and a rib.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
I've never done any sort of training, but my friend who outweighs me by about 30lbs. (and does Brazilian jujitsu has trouble making me tap out, and I'm a scrawny little fuck. I attribute that to growing up with an older brother. LOL.

He wanted me to start training. If I had the time, I would!

Isphius

May 30, 2006
long branch
shaeff;1196134 said:
I've never done any sort of training, but my friend who outweighs me by about 30lbs. (and does Brazilian jujitsu has trouble making me tap out, and I'm a scrawny little fuck. I attribute that to growing up with an older brother. LOL.

He wanted me to start training. If I had the time, I would!

You would probably be a good boxer. Long arms and height and if you dont weigh all that much, you can end up fighting guys who cant even reach you. Of course in MMA then they would just take you down and beat on you if you pissed them off with that lol.

Isphius

May 30, 2006
long branch
I weigh 220 now, working on getting to 185 or so, so i can fight at 170-175, whatever is around there where and when i get the chance. Im also joining either the national guard or reserve soon so i need to get to 190 to make bootcamp weight. Hopefully under that lol. I can already pass the PT test as it is from all the exercising i do, more than just pass even, but the weight is a must pass type of deal

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
30lb is a lot of weight to drop. hope you have what to drop. because once you lean out and have no fat or water left its very tough on a body to drop weight further.

Isphius

May 30, 2006
long branch
Well i want to get to 185 as my standing/walking/resting weight whatever you want to call it. So thats only 10-15 ill have to cut. And trust me i can afford to lose it lol

Pernilongo

LADA is my daily
Jul 15, 2007
Los Angeles
Isphius;1196369 said:
Well i want to get to 185 as my standing/walking/resting weight whatever you want to call it. So thats only 10-15 ill have to cut. And trust me i can afford to lose it lol

Haha i see. i have problems putting on weight. my goal is also around 185, 190 but i need to go up to that. 10-15 lb.