c02 spraysystem for IC?

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
does anyone out there know where I might find a c02 spray bar cooling system for my intercooler?
I saw one installed on a 350z on FineTuned on the speed channel,pilot episode. They claim it will increase h.p. 20-75%. Eitherway it looks pretty cool. :biglaugh:
While I have your attention, will the stock intercooler suffice if I am going to be running 14 psi on stock c12a's? any suggestions?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i would suggest an aftermarket IC, the difference is huge on spool time and boost (i used spearco replica, check the review section)

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
Thanks! any suggestion on size? I'm not building a track car, just a badass street machine.:icon_bigg
I can't believe no one has any input about c02 system, ANYONE???

tlo86 said:
i would suggest an aftermarket IC, the difference is huge on spool time and boost (i used spearco replica, check the review section)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
i bought the spearco replica its about the same size as the stock one just thicker and a much much much better design. and it was cheap too :)

i have seen systems but they arent cheap, your best bet is to piece it together hehe. think i saw something on horsepowerfreaks.com i wanted to do this as well but i am just going to use a water sprayer, it will help with horsepower a lot but thats when you are having high power numbers i honestly wouldnt see a huge benefit at lower power levels unless you are on a long drive~

but thats kind of why im doing the water :) just like the sti's ic sprayers just incase i do have a long drive

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
tlo86-
I found a system on suprasport.com. Look in the intercooler and pipes section. They also have the water sprayer system. Thanks for the info on the intercooler.:drink1:

tlo86 said:
i bought the spearco replica its about the same size as the stock one just thicker and a much much much better design. and it was cheap too :)

i have seen systems but they arent cheap, your best bet is to piece it together hehe. think i saw something on horsepowerfreaks.com i wanted to do this as well but i am just going to use a water sprayer, it will help with horsepower a lot but thats when you are having high power numbers i honestly wouldnt see a huge benefit at lower power levels unless you are on a long drive~

but thats kind of why im doing the water :) just like the sti's ic sprayers just incase i do have a long drive

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
My friend built his own with a few trips to Sports Authority (20oz co2 bottle and remote line) and a few trips to home depot.

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
Not bad! Any way of getting plans for the home built? I figured it could be done; just didn't know where to start. Also, when I get done would I find it would have been better to have bought it.

foreverpsycotic said:
IIRC, it cost him <100$ to built himself

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I call BS!!!!!!! A 75% increase to a 400hp car would push it to 700hp! By spraying an intercooler???????? I think NOT!

Now a 20% increase over the stock HP would be about a 40hp gain. Maybe that's obtainable

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
There was an interesting article once upon a time that tested spraying the IC was various substances as well as running a high power fan to replicate driving conditions for the airflow. Performance was not impressive for as much time it takes or money spend on the spray systems.

I was considering fabbing up a WOT switch to a spray system but decided not to after reading the article.

Anomili

Obsessed
Apr 9, 2005
In an Igloo
www.cardomain.com
foreverpsycotic said:
IIRC, it cost him <100$ to built himself

What did he use for a solenoid? These are the parts that cost a lot. It is the mechanism that blocks the co2 from flowing when the button/WOT trigger is not depressed.

I have designed my own set of pipes, bent in the shape of an S and punched with holes. The reason I could not complete the set-up was because of the cost of a solenoid. As well, the cost of a decently sized canester is over $100.

Normal systems go for around 400 CAD. I would recommend looking at any NOS system manufacturer as they tend to also sell CO2 systems. Also, search "cryo"/"co2 sprayer" in google as I forget the exact name of a couple companies with that in their name and am too lazy to do all the research again.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I have the spearco FMIC replica from drift motion in a 7MGTE running 10psi on stock ct only other mods are boost controller exhaust turbo back 3 inches and an intake, also minor things like electric fans and hardpipes. The IC made a nice difference in spool time and pull especially at mid and high RPM's also seemed to eliminate lag on hot days after the cars ran a while and soaked in the heat.

I don't think the sprayers are all that worth doing, you're adding weight and gaining a slight increase in power but not really that much, after offsetting the weight gain of the system I would bet the power gain is barely above breaking even. Some people claim its bad on the IC as well because of heat shock, that one I'm not sure of but just bringing it up since I've heard it from numerous people of different forums.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
could c02 be used in a no2 bottle...since i have an extra empty nos bottle and i wanted to try this system out...unless i should just use nitrous on the IC.

Divin' Devin

Supra Extremist
Oct 8, 2005
Volusia county,Florida
I also wondered about the shock to the intercooler. I guess I need to find a product rep. and see what they migtht say.
Thanks for all the usefull input.
Would electric fans on the FRONT of the intercooler be a reasonable option? Or would the main fan cancell it out by pushing from another direction? Especially since I'm going to keep my hydrofan.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Anomili said:
What did he use for a solenoid? These are the parts that cost a lot. It is the mechanism that blocks the co2 from flowing when the button/WOT trigger is not depressed.

he uses a paintball remote line with a 20oz co2 paintball tank. you turn the screw to turn the c02 on. he uses it inbetween auto-x runs and highway pulls