Bye Bye Supra....

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Saturday I bought a 99 MBZ C280. It's such a pleasure to drive. Body is perfect except for a small scratch on the rear bumper, interior is perfect. Drives and idles like new.

Unfortunatley, with a baby on the way and the MBZ I know I won't have the money or the time available that the Supra requires. I'd keep it around, but I don't have a place to store it and it would just sit outside and rust even further away, and I couldn't see it everyday like that.

The Supra still needs at least $4,000 in paint and body work plus another $1,000 for the interior. This is on top of the $4,000 I have put into it, and it is still not where I want it to be.

Maybe in 5 years I can find a newer model Supra 89-91. Mine was an 86.5 with 200k miles and I did a Turbo Swap. The Turbo Swap went quite well and for the most part it was reliable, but I just decided that I couldn't go any further with the Supra right now.

I hope my father-in-law will buy it back from us so I can see it on a regular basis. I will miss my Supra....:cry:

Last edited:

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Im sorry to hear that youre giving up the supra. but i can tell you have other priorities to attend to. good luck and i hope you will be part of the mk3 community for years to come.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
Sucks to see your Supra go. But with a kid on the way you're moving on to something more rewarding and worthwhile. Good luck and maybe we'll see you back on here from time to time.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
aye mate said:
Sucks to see your Supra go. But with a kid on the way you're moving on to something more rewarding and worthwhile. Good luck and maybe we'll see you back on here from time to time.

I will most likely still visit everyday because I like the people here.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
You know, truthfully, if the Supra didn't need so much money and work for body and paint, I would keep it. But, I know it will need about $4,000.

Oh well...I hate selling my vehicles. I get way too attached to them. I am even sad that I have to sell my 91 Explorer with 194,000 miles on it with a leaky sunroof.

Supra Blues

Virgin Booster
Mar 30, 2005
Supramania
Brewster said:
Have you thought about buying a clean body and swapping everything over? A nice shell can be had for $500-$1000.

Yes, I've thougt about that, but where I live I don't have the space for it. If I had that kind of space, I would keep the Supra and probably do something like that.

I like to keep my stuff inside, out of the weather, but I just can't and I just couldn't watch the Supra deteriorate out in the weather.

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
well good luck! iam sure someone will get alot of pleasure out of that car. just don't sell it to some 16 year old with no experiance. bad first car (for most that is).