Buying stance coilovers soon, need springrate suggestions

Brewhaha

Jul 12, 2010
Fort Lauderdale
After reading dozens of other posts, I decided to go with Stance coilovers for my 91. I like the ability to adjust which is also nice since I may be driving it across country to a new place to call home. But I digress, it seems they come with 14k front and 10k rear as the standard spring rate and i have seen multiple people mention that this is not quite the best setup for the supras, the front in particular. Since they let you go +/- 2 I was wondering what everybody suggests. It will mostly be a spirited city driver with maybe the occasional trip to the track. A pillow soft ride is not a priority. Any feedback would be very much appreciated :icon_bigg

On a side note I also heard the back ones don't let you go to low. Is this just complaints from people who want it slammed or is the stock design sufficient for a nice low stance

Last edited:

toyzforme

I need deeper pockets
Jan 1, 2008
Summerville, SC
I know I took the stock springs off and went with eibach springs. I put 1200 pd spring rate up front and 900 in the back. Mine is usually used for autocross races and it seems to do well with racing slicks. It is real stiff though going down the road.

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
these coilovers will let you go as low as you could ever want. but depending on your rims you might run into clearance issues as well as alignment but beech performance rear control arms toe arms and traction rods will fix that right up.

ps: i got these coilovers and from the getgo the rear is to stiff. I i run damper settings 12 in front and 0 in the rear if i stiffen the rear i get lots of oversteer. my initial plan was to stiffen the front springs but after consulting some of the guys here i desided to try a front swaybar upgrade first. springs more cost effecient but the sway bars may have a better result. ill let you know when i install them and see the difference