buy it, build it, break it.

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
Ok well back in april some time I bought a 89 Toyota Supra with a 7MGTE 5-spd and it ran like poop. The exhaust looked like it was about to fall off, it had a weld on fart can on it, and a lowes mbc. It had all sorts of leaks from power steering, coolant, and oil. So I got to work and took almost everything out of the engine bay, and after a few Q/A's on here I replaced the power steering rack, turbo, put a bic DP, cooleze intercooler kit, oil catch can, I also fixed the oil leak that was coming from the oil sending unit, and replace all the coolant lines and hoses. I had to replace the gasket on the egr cooler (which is a pain to get to without taking the head off). I replaced things like spark plugs, wires, cps, ignitor, coils, o2 sensor, injector o-rings, tps, and dash pot. Im sure theres more but I cant remeber right now.

Now after I replaced all this the car was running like a champ. It was idoling perfect, not even a miss at idol. It was boosting up to 9-10psi and was just running great all over. Then about a week after I finished all this I was sitting at a stop light and when it turned green I went to go real easy and the car just shuts off, so I was like "damn did I just stall my car" so I went to start it back up and it wont even crank over. At this point people behind me are honking and begining to piss me off. So I keep trying to start it and bam it starts but it sounds like someone put a hand full of change in a blender so I shut it off and wave the people behind me around and call a tow truck.

When I get it home I take the valve covers off to try and see if I can see whats going on and eveything looks a-ok as far as I can tell so Im thinking it either droped a valve or rod knock I cant tell. So I desided that Im just going to go 1JZ like I wanted to.

Well heres the pics sorry I dont got many I forget to take pics when Im working on it and also I got 56K where I live so it takes to long for me to load that many pics.

l_4977af2feb8e4f55b8f3e353b418d30b.jpg

l_4a8d9490fe1449978713737ca10d97cf.jpg

l_0d1582093fc44774a2cd8bb25367d5e4.jpg

and this pic is the reason behind the IS at the end of name Strike. Just another one of my toys.

l_c36162f2172c96410afb5437ea8c8a2c.jpg

Last edited: