busted my laptop, need help.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, laptop fell off the bed and the screen broke. sooo, i need help finding a replacement panel for it. emachines wants too much to fix it. its a emachines w340ua and also has n10 listed on it. if you know someone with this part, a place that has it, or other emachine/gateway models that have the same 14.1in screen, lmk so i can search ebay. none for this exact model at he moment. i only need the screen. thanks guys.
william

A

ArthurRitus

i think ud be better off getting a new one. wont people charge like crazy?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I've gone this route several time, when friends broke their screens. It's a good way to go and it saves a laptop that would other wise be lost. It's simple enough a few screws and you can just snap the old screen out and snap the new screen in. Plug and play.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, i got the laptop cheap cause my cousin let her friend use it and she fried the motherboard using the wrong power supply. i got it for $200 with the case, a 2gig flash drive and misc other stuff. then $50 on ebay for the motherboard to fix it. screen was only $185 shipped. so im still in it for less then $500. its a 1.6ghz, 512mb ddr ram (another slot for more if i need it) dvd burner, built in wireless etc... its a nice laptop, especially for what i paid. just wish i hadnt broken the screen. lol. its a emachines w340ua. i got it so i can tune my megasquirt 2 with it and datalog and stuff. i got a few desktops. i dont play pc games or anything so really didnt need anything better then this. also, i have an associate in electronic and computer engineering technology, pulling apart a laptop is the last thing thats gonna scare me. lol.