Bushing Information

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Just thought I'd post the chart I made in a thread in mk3 General here where it could be of more use. Will likely add to it more at a later date.

If anyone has any additional information they would like to see added, speak up and I'll try and work it into the chart or perhaps make a second.

Bushing Type / ManufacturerSuperProEnergy BushingsRonnieKOEMUnobtainium Nylon
Upper Front Control ArmYesYesYesYes
Lower Front Control ArmYesYesYesNo
(must get complete arm)
Strut RodNoNoYesYes
Strut CapsNoNoYesYes
Rear Control Arm/RodsNoYesYesYes
Sway Bar FrontYesYesYesYes
Sway Bar RearNoYesYesYes
Steering RackNoNoYesYes
Front SubframeNoNoYesYes
Rear SubframeNoNoYesYes
Rear Control Arm to SpindleNoNoNoYes
Rear Strut Rod to SpindleNoYesNoYes

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
That's everything? Good post man, I'll be freshening up the shell here in a few months, thanks! :)

prsrcokr

Motörhead
Apr 3, 2005
Richmond
Need to add the nylon bushings to the list (22 pieces for the control arms). I know of at least one set still floating around and I've been told he's looking to sell them.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
I must correct myself, gave some misinformation in the thread where the list was made- One bushing at the rear spindle is in the ES kit (Strut rod), other can only be OEM (spherical joint) (no 2. control arm). I didn't know that until I unbolted my spindle (mechanic did it before).
Sorry, hopefully noone but me lost money :D

Canuckrz

Jan 13, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I corrected the chart as requested; can anyone confirm or deny that ronniek makes that bushing aswell? I would assume so.

Also for the nylon bushings I assume you're speaking of the unobtainium set, do you have a list of the included bushings in the kit?

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
Found a list of the nylon bushings from a previous for sale thread when doing a search.

ITEM:6/6 Nylon Bushings - 22 pcs.
DESCRIPTION:
1. Front lower control arm (4 pcs.)
2. Front upper control arm (4 pcs.)
3. Rear upper control arm (4 pcs.)
4. Rear lower control arm, subframe end (2 pcs.)
5. Rear lower tie-rod, subframe end (2 pcs.)
6. Rear lower trailing arm, subframe end (2 pcs.)
7. Rear lower trailing arm, spindle end (2 pcs.)
8. Rear lower control arm, spindle end (2 pcs.)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They are ina sense.
Shock bushings usually some with new shocks.
Upper mounts you have to get new.
Subframe bushings you get from ronniek or toyota.
Rack bushings i know you can get them in poly or rubber, from who idk.

Energy suspension front is upper and lower control arms. Not really anything else up there besides subframe and rack bushings.
Energry suspension rear: upper control arms, lateral link bushings, toe link bushings, trailing link bushings, spindle to trailing link bushings.

SO yes the energy suspension set has the bushings in the hub so it seams.

o.g.

Feb 24, 2011
League City, Tx
I see where you said Energy suspension has front and rear sway bar bushings for the MK3, do you know what the part number is? I want to order a set.

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
o.g.;1685048 said:
I see where you said Energy suspension has front and rear sway bar bushings for the MK3, do you know what the part number is? I want to order a set.

zankoku has set for front and rear look them up on the forums

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Installing my rear kit now. Can someone confirm the bushing at the spindle for the #2 arm is not in the energy suspension kit?

Sp pissed I just pressed that one out.

Scott 88-1JZ

Dec 9, 2007
California
There is one that does not come with the kit. I bought mine from Toyota when I replaced all my bushings. I think it is that one in the spindle that is more towards the rear of the car. You can tell if you hold on to the body of the bushing and the insert can pivot and move around quite freely. I think its called a spherical bearing.

Here is a thread that talks about it.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...l-new-Bushings-WOW!&highlight=bushing+install

Last edited:

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
You're right. The bearing pressed into the rear knuckle isn't included in any bushing kit I've seen, and I haven't been able to find it at RockAuto either. It must be a dealer-only item. Has anybody replaced these? If so, where did you source the new joint? The ones in the car I just scrapped out were totally shot. I haven't dug deeply into the new car yet, but I suspect they aren't much better.

Anybody?

Also, why do people get so excited about Nylon (which costs 10x as much, apparently) vs. Polyurethane? They have nearly the same durometer and I'm just not seeing why spending $600 for a set of bushings could be a good use of money....I'm probably missing something.

SGinNE

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
$47 EACH later i REALLY wish there was a note in the instructions informing me that i should have left them in there.

I guess its good that im replacing them because there 20 years old, its just the unexpected $94 i dont like.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
How much should I expect to pay for an Energy Suspension Bushing install (front&rear upper/lower control bushings)?