Burning oil

Mightymousekid

Sep 22, 2010
Los Angeles, Ca
Hey what's up dudes? I already searched and researched my problem and kind of have an idea of what it is? I'm sorry if there's a similar post out there but I honestly haven't found an answer. Well I just bought 1990 targa turbo and ever since I got it, it's always had a burnt smell coming from the drivers side bottom. So i know I have a few leaks and all and fixed the major ones. But recently it started burning a lot of oil, prior to what it was since I got it. And the weirdest thing is after the car is really hot is when the smell is at it's strongest. Well just a week ago I was coming from work and noticed a cloud of smoke coming into my window (noting that I was in the freeway and engine hot). So after that day, my oil loss and smoke have been getting real strong, but only when the engine is hot. I'm assuming it might be turbo related from the posts I've seen. Can you guys show me how I can test the turbo or if it's even the turbo? I'm thinking of getting an upgraded ct26 57 trim. If it happens to be the turbo. Thanks for everything.

Last edited: