Building front end?

ryan625

Sep 20, 2012
Lynnwood
I have a complete spare front end sitting in my garage right now waiting to get swapped into my car next spring and was just wondering if there are any parts I should add/replace/pay particular attention to while it is out? I am going to be doing some drifting but it will be my daily for the most part. Just wondering if there are any good mods for increasing turn angle, stability, etc.

So far it is all stock except for moog outer tie rods. (Inner tie rods are on back order)

Thanks guys!

Also here is a pic of the setup. Dropped it out of an 89.
p1889897_1.jpg

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Driftmotion has a spacer for the inner tierods for more SA. You might wanna change bushings now with new ones so the old ones dont crap out while in the car. Also you cant really tell if those upper and lower Ball joints are good or bad with out any load.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Unless the previous owner of that 89 replaced all the parts, all that stuff on there is over 20 years old! But replacing control arm bushings would be smart. Get some Energy Suspension bushings kit. And you will probably have to cut out the alignment bolts on the lower control arm. So you will want new ones of those also. Driftmotion has the cam bolts.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
ryan625;1890160 said:
I am pretty sure it is all original as far as I can tell. I did want to do bushings at some point anyway so I will add that to the list!
Anyone know if these offer anything performance wise?
http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-beechucamk3supra.php
Definitely do the bushings. Might look into some adjustable sway bars as well, like the Whitelines. I would also recommend upgrading the brakes while you're in there, if you can swing the extra cost. Might be the difference between stuffing the car or not. ;)

As for the Beech control arms, I don't have any technical advice to offer, but Wes is a vendor on here, you can try to send him a PM or look for the development thread on them. From all I've seen though, his products seem well built. :)

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
The thing about replacing ball joints is that you have to buy the whole upper arm. It's all one piece. But I think the Beech upper arm's ball joint can be replaced. I've seen a lot of custom control arms like that and I think it is a Chrysler ball joint or something. But I believe that the Beech arms would be heavier. I am not sure about alignment specs that can be attained with the different setups but if the stock setup can be aligned correctly when lowered than I would prefer a lighter setup anyway.