Building FFIM, suggestions needed

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
We have started a new project, making FFIM from scratch, so it means then no core upgrade or so on, it will be pure, solid FFIM. It will be SS mirror finish fully machine built with no man interface, possibly a long runner, EGR blocked.
Can anyone give some suggestions, to what should we take notice for it to be as "bolt-on" as possible? To which TB should we adopt it? Maybe someone even has some blue print's which we could examine before projecting our own?

Any help would be appriciated.
We will have 30-50 manifolds built for local maket possibly by september.

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
Although Mustangs are cheaper, I have found that a Q45 is great for any power goals. If anyone needs one i got a junkyard nearby that has a ton of Q45s

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
the problem with some of the mustang throttle bodies is the whistle. the more expensive (accufab, wilson, etc) arent as bad. but by the time you pay for those you can just get a used q45

Halsupramk3

Apr 4, 2005
Mississippi
well if you are building the FFIM i would prefer to keep my a/c and ps in place. heavy car and its hot outside and in. guess we will need a relaction bracket of some sort too.

jt2ma71

Impeller Head
Mar 30, 2005
Washington State
www.cardomain.com
ViR2 said:
We have started a new project, making FFIM from scratch, so it means then no core upgrade or so on, it will be pure, solid FFIM. It will be SS mirror finish fully machine built with no man interface, possibly a long runner, EGR blocked.
Can anyone give some suggestions, to what should we take notice for it to be as "bolt-on" as possible? To which TB should we adopt it? Maybe someone even has some blue print's which we could examine before projecting our own?

Any help would be appriciated.
We will have 30-50 manifolds built for local maket possibly by september.

SS is the worst material you could use for an intake manifold. Yeah, it will look awesome and whatnot, but SS has the best heat retention properties of all metals, so you don't want it for an intake. Make it out of aluminum, cf, plastic , just not ss. Just my .02 cents. good luck!

~Ron

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
im going to make my own ffim on a budget.
maybe i'll make a build thread so others can do the same.

SS is way cheaper and easier to weld than aluminum. al dissipates heat like 6 times faster than steel.

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
jt2ma71;759494 said:
SS is the worst material you could use for an intake manifold.

I wasn't going to say anything, to each their own, but yeah...........
I seen a custom dual quad manifold for a V8 once (in a magazine no less), that was made from.......
Are you ready for this?
Wood & exhaust tube, with lots of epoxy!

Hm, never knew aluminum was hard to weld, I never had problems.