building a second motor

MKIII TURBO60-1

Dec 29, 2008
Ocala,Fl
ok so im aiming for 600rwhp, so far i plan on eagle rods with probe pistons, billet mains with arp studs, driftmotion oil pump and shimming oil pump drive shaft, mhg with arp studs of course, larger oil pan with oil filter relocation kit is a must with after market oil cooler, my questions are what head work to do, such as cams or larger valves, i plan on rev limit at 7,200 but shifting at
7,000 also thought about running a gt37r but am i going to have to go bigger than a 37r for 600rwhp, i am aslo going to be running aem standalone for those wondering

Adjuster

Supramania Contributor
Other than shimming the oil pump shaft.. not possible. You shim the oil pump bypass.

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, but it should be a good build.

Do not know that you need billet mains. The standard caps hold up pretty well with the ARP studs.

Head work totally depends on your budget. You can spend from 70.00 for springs to 700.00.
Same goes with valves. You can spend under 300 for 1mm larger stainles ones, or buy the best, and spend much more.

On porting the runners, I would avoid removal of excessive material on the intakes, just clean them up, and blend the sharp edges.
On the exhaust, I would port them down to where only 1mm of lip remains to the gasket. This sharp edge helps to keep your low end tourqe, and you don't lose much on top end flow. What exhaust and intake manifolds are you going to use?

If you go with a tubular stainless exhaust, it will flow much better than the stock cast iron log type. If you go with a forward facing intake, it will make your intercooler plumbing much less intensive, but you will have to relocate your battery to the rear of the car most likely.

Good luck on the build up.