Bryan's 1uz twin turbo build

EthanMKIII

Nov 5, 2008
Vancouver
dude i luv your car the pre-89 in blue is so sick whats the color called? good luck with the swap. Are u sure the W-58 will handle it?

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
nice project looks like it will be super clean when done.....hey if you dont mind me asking where did you get those wheels(rims) i really like then and i was thinking of going with something like that......

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
EthanMKIII;1317201 said:
dude i luv your car the pre-89 in blue is so sick whats the color called? good luck with the swap. Are u sure the W-58 will handle it?

i was making close to 300rwhp before, i'm expecting to make about the same power. i also dont beat on my trans by doing burnouts and etc, so i'm sure it will hold up. it's also cheap to replace them

empera;1317628 said:
in it...guess i wont see u at the meet this month...:(

good job tho, def a swap i'd do.

i'm trying to still make it to the meet. minus my car lol.

88supramaniac;1317519 said:
nice project looks like it will be super clean when done.....hey if you dont mind me asking where did you get those wheels(rims) i really like then and i was thinking of going with something like that......

i think they are BSA wheels 18x8 and 18x10 ... some cheap ebay stuff i got back in the day. im not sure where u can find them now. i'll prolly sell them in the future.

milisakeracing;1317226 said:
Subscribed! Thanks for letting me know about the thread and glad to help answer any questions as they come up.

thanks for giving me a hand with alot of this.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Less than a week from poll to having the engine mounted. Great work ethic.

Subscribed.

It would be sweet if you get the twin CT26 setup working, but if not you could always run NA for now and maybe supercharge it later.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
yes i do like Bryan! Pretty pimp man, plus the 1UZ is US based so parts are cheap. I work at a shop now with shop discounts so if you can't find something cheap let me know! :)

Did you ever pull out that trans??

its Cecilio btw =P np tho

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
Hey did you used to live in Tn? if not theres a car in knoxville that looks just like yours. oh and i like the supercharger idea, like this!
p1318930_1.jpg

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
pictureless update; well i got the harness yesterday, but im an idiot and mistook the sc400 for a sc300 so i got the wrong harness. if anyone needs a cheap uncut 2jz harness lemme know lol. so i had to reorder a sc400 harness. i also had some time to start taking some things off the motor like the egr setup. i also reversed the manifolds. i will try to get some pictures when i get back later after work. It also seems like i will have to reverse mount the alternator.. its not a big deal, but it looks goofy

viper92086

Jan 12, 2006
NJ
so i was able to think up some ideas of how to get this alt to work out with the headers reversed. so i gutted the stock hydro fan pump and inverted the alternator over it. i just need to make a small bracket and make a spacer. Looks kinda funky but it seems like my best bet. don't laugh at it :naughty:

DSC04740.JPG

DSC04741.JPG

DSC04742.JPG

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Make sure to beef up any spacers/slugs you make for the bolts that will hold on that alternator. There will be some bending put on those bolts that they won't like from the drive belt.

I'm sure i'm preaching to the choir...