Brought Home My New 1989 Turbo Today-----Pics

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
I had a 1987 N/A Hardtop 5spd for a few years, loved it, but sold it in 2008. I said I would get another one someday, and today I brought one home. The car is a 1989 Turbo Hardtop 5spd White Package with Blue interior. I have known about the car since 2005, but the owner would not part with it, or was asking way too much. I finally got it from him. He was very very good about taking care of the car mechanically. In fact he gave me a list of what he has done to the car the last couple years. The body has developed some rust on the drivers door (in front by the trim) and a little in each wheel well, some on the drivers side high by the back window, and a minor amount on the quarters under the rear bumper. The tire well has already been fixed, but had been rusty. I stopped at the local body shop with the car to get an estimate of getting the rust repaired, old metal cut out and replaced, and repainted. He has an excellent reputation, and is actually a fellow lodge member.

Here are the things that have been done to the car in the last 11,000 miles:
*New Head Gasket
*New Turbo Gaskets
*New Valve Cover Gaskets
*New Clutch, Pressure Plate, Throw Out Bearing, and Pilot Bearing
*Rear End Pumpkin replaced with one that had 73K on it.
*New Front Struts and Links
*New Lower Ball Joints and Inner Tie Rods & Alignment.
*New Throttle Sensor
*New Battery
*IAC Valve cleaned
*New Front Calipers
*3 New Brake LInes
*New Platinum Plugs
*New Air/Fuel Filter
*New Radiator and Hose
*New Slave Cylinder
*New Clutch Master Cylinder
*2 Beams welded in under seat and all undercoated
*New Headlights
*New Center Support Bearing for the Drive Shaft
*New Timing Belt and Tensioner
*New Shield Over Catalytic Converter.
*New Plug Wires

The owner is a very nice guy, but quite eccentric! Anyway, here are pics of the car. I haven't done any cleaning, or anything but drive it today, so this is how I bought it.

I ordered a new Clutch Starter Switch today because this one is rigged with a paperclip (but the cruise still works, hmmm....)

Last edited:

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
The speakers are pretty crappy. Improving the stereo system is on the "do list". I paid $3800 for the car, which I thought was good. Add in the $1500 I was quoted for the paint and body, and I have a pretty nice fun car $5300. Also came with a spare drive shaft and differential lol