Bring back the Kaminari 3 piece spoiler???

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Hey everyone, I have been searching around and looking at various spoilers for the mk3... I have to admit that I much prefer the 89+ spoiler over the pre 89's, however when it comes to enhancing the look of stock, I really don't think anything comes close to the look of the Kaminari 3 piece. I find it perfectly fixes any flaw that I could find with the stock spoiler. It removes the funky flaring out of the inside surface of the center piece and it extends the perfect lines of the car.

Now to the topic at hand, I have searched and not found a thread to bring back the kaminari. I saw that there were a couple thread where shine-auto created custom molds and started producing replicas. I have started this thread to see if there may be an interest in bringing back the piece I speak of. I have no experience in anything of this type as I am relatively new to this forum. I cannot help but think that there may be many other mk3 owners like me who desire an awesome spoiler that isn't overboard but follows the stock lines while enhancing them.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I want 1. Or at least a stock looking one that extends longer like maybe 2in or so and is raised about 1 in or so.

Rodel has the kaminari on his car and it looks way sick.

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
yay!! got one!! ikr??? hopefully we can get enough ppl to attract the attention of some of the members on this forum that have real clout with manufacturers like ShineAuto :D

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I will get on that asap!!

Edit: All I need to do is search for rodel's car lmao...

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

p1696079_1.jpg

p1696079_2.jpg

link to a thread by rodel with lotsa pics: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?535639-Aero-ed&highlight=

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...-Racing-CE28-Abflug-Stout-Kaminari&highlight=

as you can see, the spoiler itself is slightly taller, and wider (front edge to back edge) than stock. And as you can tell, the most easily recognized feature is the stretched side pieces that extend almost to the middle of the rear wheel well. I have seen some say that it is too extreme, but I say, go look at other aftermarket spoilers for the MK3 and come back and say it's extreme with a straight face.

SUPERIUM

Low Postage Member
Nov 29, 2005
Buffalo, NY
I always wanted one of these but never really wanted to drill holes into my 1/4s for the side pieces. Maybe turn it into 1 solid piece?

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
I dunno how it would look as a one piece... I thought of that too... No matter how I envision it, it might look good from the side, but at a slight angle from the rear it would look awkward, think of it as a mix between pre89 and 89+...

Perhaps later tonight I will send a pm rodel's way see what he thinks :D

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Somebody needs to make a copy of this. Id buy.

If you made one piece, sides would just rub the heck out the paint on the quarters.:':)'(

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Definatly no to the one piece idea. Wouldn't just rub, it would rattle, bend, if not fly off (would make a nice long lever on the mounting points, the hatch isn't that strong...)

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Maybe make it heavy and kinda flex/press against the body with something that wouldn't scratch the paint and mount in the stock location.

<not really into drilling any holes in the body.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
mine when I first got it a couple years ago, I still need a fresh coat of paint. This is the angle I love
1%20031.jpg

dragracer

GearHead
Oct 31, 2005
Churubusco
Poodles;1696328 said:
Definatly no to the one piece idea. Wouldn't just rub, it would rattle, bend, if not fly off (would make a nice long lever on the mounting points, the hatch isn't that strong...)

For me it would kill me ruining my paint since I gave my arm and left nut for the paint job.
I seen some whaletails (which I love) do that. Always something :':)'(

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
lithium14;1696349 said:
wut kinda spoiler you have right now? cuz upgrading to 89+ from a pre 89 requires new holes anyways...

89+. And i know that. Same goes for wingless.