Brand new motor is a no go!

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
Brand new motor just finished up today and it will not start. :aigo:

-While it was parked with a blown motor the battery was pulled, recharged and re-installed.. backwards.
-It was also broken into, I checked but it looked like they only went after the stereo no other wires were pulled. Not that I could see at least.
The car does have an alarm and I wonder if either of they above could have sent it into a safe mode.

The shop that is installing it said they can jump the car and it will run but it will not start with the key. Im not 100% sure what they ment by 'jump' and was a little in shock and didnt ask at the time (I thought they were calling to say it was finished :nono: ). Also never asked if it would crank, I assume it will crank but not fire.

I know there is not much info but I was hoping for some input before I call them back in the morning.
Any ideas are welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks,
Franco

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Cycle the key in the driver's side door to disarm the alarm. If that doesn't work, try a temporary bypass of the alarm, as the keyswitch could very well be broken.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
I was just reading the manual and it says the same thing, I will have to give it a try.
Somehow I doubt it will be that easy, but I hope im wrong

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
You weren't very clear- Does it crank with the key and not start?
If not, then yes- it's possibly the alarm system, but it may also be the starter solenoid, a known offender in these cars. I especially suspect this, as you said they could jump start it- I assume that means they're contcting the two starter points, or using a remote start trigger.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
It cranks but will not start. If they bypass the ignition (using a remote starter like 'supraguy@aol' said) it starts and runs fine.
Bypassing the ignition they also bypass the alarm so Im still stuck.

Could there be something wrong with the ecu that would allow it to run but not start?

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I 4th the alarm idea. It has been known to leave a few folks stranded here and there. :)

Good luck and be sure to let us all know what you find out tomorrow!