brake question!!!

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
i was driving the supra and the brakes seemed to weak to me so i decided to bleed them to make sure there was no air in the system. but it seemed every time i would bleed the system the brakes gets weaker and weaker. now its like the pedal is lose as hell and i dont really have any braking power. and when i do brake the pedal sticks about half way in the as i start driving it comes back out. what could be the problem?

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
well i use two different procedures. one is i have some one sitting in the supra i would open the bleed nut that person would push and hold the brake down then i would close the bleed nut and he would release the brake and that didnt work any. so the second procedure i would have the other person pump the brake a few time then hold it down, i would open the bleed nut then close it and we would repeat it a few times. im thinking my master cylinder might be bad but not sure yet. and yes i did make sure to check the fluid level often.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
well thats the thing we keep pumping and pumping and it seems to not get hard but we dont pump like 4 to 5 times then i open the bleed nut and the fluid comes out like normal but brakes are still weak. there is no air in the system im thinking cause i put like two 33 ounce bottles in and the last bleed i did the fluid came out and i didnt see any air bubbles. and i dont see any leaks in the system

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
ok will do. im thinking ether the brake booster or master cylinder are bad but just wanted to make sure before i waste money.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
ok i just tested it. i pumped and pumped but the pressure stayed the same so i held the pedal in for a min and nothing happened. i didnt fell the pedal pulling in. it was pushing out but not as strong as it should. for the first few pumps it was like the pedal would go half way and it wouldnt go any further. after like 4 pumps it was going in all the way but weak. i did hear a clicking noise from the master cylinder area when i pushed the pedal in. i did noticed the reservoir lid is leaking a bit. to me it dose fell like air is getting into the system but the only leak i see is the reservoir lid.

Last edited:

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
what are the symptoms of bad brake booster and what are the symptoms of a bad brake master cylinder? i still havent figured out why my brakes are still weak as hell.