brake pad recomendations

solardrgn

Feb 6, 2008
socal
i need some new brakes!!!!!!

interested in hearing some opinions on what i should get and if possible where i can get them.

solardrgn

Feb 6, 2008
socal
OEM, so the dealership?

also someone was telling me i should get them at autozone cuz they have a lifetime warrany? when they wear out you take them back a get new ones? anyone know anything about this?

thanks again

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
You should never buy AZ pads, or anything from Autozone for that matter. Pay the extra dollar or two and get something that won't eat your rotor. OEM is your best bet.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
solardrgn;1083640 said:
OEM, so the dealership?

also someone was telling me i should get them at autozone cuz they have a lifetime warrany? when they wear out you take them back a get new ones? anyone know anything about this?

thanks again

here's how the lifetime brake pads work.

They are a super hard compound so they last a long time. they tend to be very harsh on your rotors and you will end up buying new rotors much more often. They are not a performance compound and typicaly wont have as much "grip" or coefficient of friction as ceramic pads or OEM pads will.

Please dont buy into the scam.

OEM pads work, but im sure they are very expensive. pads such as the PBR deluxe's will be eqivelent to OEM pads and a much cheaper price.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
From NAPA get the SS ceramics.
From O'Reily's get the Wagner Thermoquiet.
Both pads offer good performance at a fair price point.

drbowser3

The Doc is in...
Jan 17, 2006
Tampa,FL
I have axis and they work, but with slotted rotors my silver wheels become a bronze/gunmetal color within 200 miles of driving.

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
Kckazdude;1083754 said:
From NAPA get the SS ceramics.
From O'Reily's get the Wagner Thermoquiet.
Both pads offer good performance at a fair price point.

i have the SS ceramics from napa seem to work good and they where a good deal

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
before i crashed my old car i rebuilt all the calipers, got new rotors, and oem pads. i couldn't believe how well my car stoped. even at speeds over 100mph. oem set up works great with new parts quality parts. i did slip though. i didn't want to pay $130 for oem rotors. so for rotors i bought some raybestoujioj for the rear and some random cheap ass rotors up front to see the difference. when i mic'ed them out the raybestjoijoi were on spot, but the random cheap ass rotor i had to machine a little to take out the taper. i did it all in my class so i had all the tools you could think of (brake lathe, tons of mic's, ect..).

making sure the pads has a square flat perfect contact surface is key to the performance.