Brake master cylinder reservoir

Sebas

Jan 6, 2013
new jersy
I did the front & rear BBK with SS lines Now it's time to flush the 25year old brake fluid lol. But I would like to take the reservoir to clean it.

How does it come apart or can it be done ???

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
if the reservoir is dirty, imagine the condition of the internals... replace the master cylinder or remove it/rebuild it and solve all current and future issue in one go.

kdog1988

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
To remove the reservoir there's a screw holding it to the master cylinder and then you can use a flat head to pop it out of the grommets. But i agree with Dylan if its that dirty you really should go thru the master also to clean it otherwise your just going to have more problems down the line.

Sebas

Jan 6, 2013
new jersy
Thank you guys !!!
Should I go with a OEM from Rockauto or is there a better one even from a different car that would work ???

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
I bought one for my car from driftmotion. My car's an 87 non-ABS. They might carry one for your car as well. It was like $55 and it was AISIN brand which is an OEM part.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
^typically non-abs will have three ports 2-fronts 1-rear, and abs will have 2 ports and separates the fronts at the pump

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
The bad news is that the complete Aisin unit from the Cressida with ABS (1-1/16" bore) is discontinued.. You can only get them remanufactured with ghetto reservoirs because Toyota/Aisin discontinued the factory reservoir. This is/was the sought after piece that Dr Jones used to sell, and it was a well kept secret until until more folks starting searching for options after upgrading to various BBKs.

However, another 1-1/16" MC is available from the 4-Runner[-2nd gen w/ 3.0L V6], and it appears very similar to the Cressida unit, if not identical aside from the reservoir being different.

Also, I really want to say the A70 uses a 2-port MC on both ABS and non-ABS cars from memory. This is at least true of the ABS cars such as my own.

Last edited: