Brake lights stay on

92Turbo

hondas suck
Apr 19, 2005
NJ
Hey my brake lights stay on sometimes after I let off the pedal. Has anyone else had this problem, how can i fix it?

Thanks,
Steve

TSURU

Mar 15, 2006
Fremont, Ca.
i had this problem with my 89', after i installed a new Stop Light Switch, my problem was that the stop light switch wasn't adjusted properly. so my guess is to adjus the stop light switch? but if the problem is that it's sticking just get a new one, it was only like 5 bucks for mine.

amd_hcds

Dec 20, 2005
Chicago,IL
Although it's not the same subject but didn't want to make a new thread..My Hand Brake light stays on when My hand-brake is not armed is that some to do with a switch or there's a problem with the read disc pads?

lifesnotfair

Dec 26, 2005
Dominican Republic
Hey. If you can't solve the problem, check the "yellow box" behind the rear-left tail lights. Sometimes it causes the break light to stay on. Other times, it causes them to never even work. You can bypass the freakin' yellow box, but then, you'll have the "break light" in the dash always lit. I had to buy one off eBay for a whole 8 or 9 bucks when my break lights were not working. Funnily enough, although my break lights now work perfectly, the bloody light in the dash is still lit. =(

Gargoyle

Mar 13, 2006
Portland, Oregon
The hand brake light will also stay on if your brake fluid is low or if your brake fluid sensor is not working correctly.

Brian

Last edited:

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Gargoyle said:
The brake light will also stay on if your brake fluid is low or if your brake fluid sensor is not working correctly.

Brian

That should be amds problem. But for the one the threads about, my money is on the switch at the top of the pedal. Its a PITA to adjust also. Get another person to look at the brake lights. It will make it a lot easier. But if thats not it, then its that yellow box. It's a pocket item at the junkyard. Lol. G/l with it.