Brake lights problem

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
Okay so here is what is going on. Basically everytime when I brake the dome lights and side markers all turn on. If I turn my dome lights on by the switch on the steering wheel dome lights and side markers turn on but when I brake no brake lights turn on. Here is what I have done so far all fuses have been checked and all are in working condition. All light bulbs have been replaced with new ones of the original amperage. I only can conclude that there is a short between dome and stop. Im asking everyones help as to were I should start looking or common places were others have found the short at. Thanks

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
lilmartian09;1769094 said:
If I turn my dome lights on by the switch on the steering wheel dome lights and side markers turn on but when I brake no brake lights turn on.

Im confused, you have a switch on the steering wheel?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thats either the turn signal or head light switch. Not dome lights.

Those all have fuses. Maybe a connector shorted some where.

Whats the last thing you did to the car?

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
My bad. Yea turn signal switch. I know the dome lights are in that mix tho cuz u can twist it to second spot and the dome lights dash lights all turn on. Last thing I checked was all fuses, light bulbs and I replaced my failure light switch. Its my 3rd one. Reason it kept poping was that water came in from tailights and watered it all down. So this time I took out the tailights and replaced seals so that it wouldn't blow the failure sensor. But this problem I'm having was before I fixed the seals. I believe that the water from the rain f'd it all up. When I push the brakes if u look outside the inner 2 bulbs before the reverse lights do not light up or even turn on.