brake light problem

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
when i press the brake pedal the burnt light indicator comes on because indeed my brake lights do not work...none of them....

this started happening and would come and go...[i thought a short] but it is hear to stay now i checked the pedal signal[button the pedal touches] and as far as i can tell it is working....

where should i look what should i start with??

john

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I had a simular problem, there is a yellow box in the rear driver side, it is the blown lamp sensing circuit. They can fail. If you open it up you will problably find a burnt trace. I just go a junkyard replacement. There is a way to repair it also.

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
or try looking into bypassing it. i think that the box in the hatch just measures ohms and tells ya when a bulb is out by restance. i might be wrong.

or check to make sure that it has a good ground.

ToyoHabu

Jun 25, 2005
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
boost fiend said:
or try looking into bypassing it. i think that the box in the hatch just measures ohms and tells ya when a bulb is out by restance. i might be wrong.

or check to make sure that it has a good ground.

dang forgot about this one. The light cluster has a universal ground wire. My passenger rear one got corroded and the lights would quit working. ? might even cause some melting around post.