Brake Hardlines

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
I just bought another supra and it won't pass the provincial safety without new brake lines...The flexlines are already all ss braided and I believe the fronts are good - It's the rears primarily.

My question is...What do I need material-wise(length and size of lines, fittings etc) to replace them myself? A shop wants in between 600 and 1000 which is ludicrous.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

gsxr141

Oct 24, 2010
rochester
buy a 25ft roll of the size line you need, and try to reuse the old fittings. you will need a flare tool and some patience. there's no way that's a $600 job. it should pay 2 hours at most.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Also check w/Toyota (vendors section here). I bought a set of the rear hardlines for the MKIV for less than $30 a few years back. I am sure they have the lines available and may be worth your while, since they'd already be shaped and have the fittings for your application. Good luck!

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
In ottawa...

I would recommend a new t-block (separates rear line into 2), as your fittings are likely rusted permanently in place

new fittings (ontario uses too much road salt),

front to rear = 10' (there is a fitting below the steering column in the engine bay I would guess you could start from)
centre to left 3'
centre to right 2'