braided oil lines

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
i need braided oil feed and return line kit for a t04 turbo but i dont have paypal right now so i cant get the ones from maxxautomotive.com...does anyone know where i can get a kit?..get back to me thanks

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
are oil lines universel?..i have a buddy with oil lines that came with his t3/t4 hybrid turbo kit and hes gonna give them to me will they work?

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
apexi287 said:
are oil lines universel?..i have a buddy with oil lines that came with his t3/t4 hybrid turbo kit and hes gonna give them to me will they work?

No.

Just go to a hydrauic store.

Feed:
-4an stainless steel braided teflon hose (I used 24")

You will need fittings, to connect to the block you will need a -4an to 12X1.25mm adapter (male to male), this is a VERY rare piece, you probably won't find it. You can either use a -4an to -6an reducer and then use a -6an to 12X1.25mm adapter (male to male).

Another option is using a weldable -4an fitting and welding that onto the stock banjo fitting.

Depending what turbo you have, you will need a fitting or a flange to bolt on.

Return:
-10an stainless steel braided teflon hose (length is important, you don't want any slack in the line as there is no pressure, only gravity draining the oil.)

To bolt to the turbo, again depending what turbo you will need the correct flange (a.k.a. garrett turbos all use garrett t4 flanges).

To bolt to the block, this is the hardest part. There is a company that sells flanges to bolt to the block, but I don't recall what one. You can either make your own flange, or have a shop make one. What I did was use a stock return line, cut the line off and mill the flange flat and weld on a -10an fitting.

Of course you will need the correct fittings on the ends of each section of hose (straight, 45* 90* ect.)

HTH

apexi287

Jul 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
ok so there not universal but i have all the fittings and what not but will the lines themselves bolt into the fittings or are all the threads themselves different?

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
apexi287 said:
ok so there not universal but i have all the fittings and what not but will the lines themselves bolt into the fittings or are all the threads themselves different?

Depends on what turbo you have and what size the fittings are and what engine/turbo they came off of.

Are they screw on re-usable fittings or crimped?