BOV

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
i had one on my 7m and it was a very fast acting bov, made very well, holds very high boost and will not leak. if your running afm then you need to have it recirculate it because it opens up on part throttle when you are not in boost. i have some video if you want.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
this is just showing how i had it set up
[video=youtube;B_A8uQWUs6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_A8uQWUs6I[/video]

the windows were down so its hard to hear the bov, but its also recirculated so it makes it alot quiter.
[video=youtube;om9gUs-sqY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om9gUs-sqY0[/video]

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
What was done to your car during that video? I am running a HKS SSQV non recirculated, never had it stall on me once, Then again Im auto so Im sure that helps

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
i had RC 550cc, lex afm,front mount, walbro 255, SX AFPR, safc2, innovate wideband, bic DD pipe, blitz nur sec, cooleze test pipe. i think that was it.

i was using hks before the synchronic synapse, with no problems. but when you use synapse it has to be recirculated, unless you have a standalone.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
wow, my car is amazingly faster than that and I thought my mk3 was pretty slow.. everyone always said it was fast hmm, how many PSI in that video?

Im on Stock turbo 11lbs, Stock downpipe, 2.5 inch exhaust with cat, front mount, hard pipes, SAFC neo, stock 440CC injectors, stock AFM, cone intake filter and my car seems to pull a shit load harder than that.. hmm

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
that was up hill, it was 110deg, 3 people in car, so add 600lbs, untuned, look at a/f's there at 10.5:1, and i was shifting at 5500rpms. it was slow, but once i tuned it, it pulled pretty hard. oh and i had a 57trim as well.

that was 12psi

Last edited: