BOV selection.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Now I have read BOV 101 and Im not really looking for all the clutter. What I want to know is this. I am running a FFIM with 3" I/C piping hot & cold. I will run daily 15 psi and run as high as my setup will allow at track. Turbo is a Turbonetics T78. I want a BOV that will hold up. I am interested in the TIAL or Blitz. Any suggestions? I have seen some guys running 2. Any specific reason for this?

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I run a Tial Q and have no complaints, if you're still running stock air metering it would be best to get the recirculating type.

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Not much stock on my car. I plan on going with the tial. Found one for a good price here but cant get a response from him.

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
A much larger part of how loud, in terms of decibels, a bov is about actual location and (generally) the psi at which the valve opened up in the video, not so much the bov itself.
In my opinion the tial sound isn't particularly unique, I don't think they focused on creating a unique sound (which is where bov's differ) when they made it instead they focused on making something that works well.

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Personally I'd be more concerned with it's function than how it sounds but I guess that's just me, the Tial is a very well made part that should give many years service, I'd swap out the small Pressure fitting and give it a larger I'd supply so you can get a good volume of boost pressure to it to aid in keeping it closed on boost, this will slightly delay it's opening but not enough to cause issues.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
^ if you really want sound go with TurboXS RFL, or TurboSmarts MegaSonic. if you want one that you wont have to replace every other week, get a tial, or the HKS kit(real, not ebay). Either way, with our cars running MAF if you dont recirc you will have rich spots between shifts, and may have stalling issues. but if you just want sound then go with the RFL (really fuckin loud).

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
yeah, the RFL is a pretty interesting valve, but the ones I had contact with always seemed to leak etc..

+1 on the recirc though (for MAF based systems)

VooDoo

Draggin ass on his build
Mar 20, 2008
Valdosta ,Ga
Not using maf. I'm using an AEM standalone. I'd like to get into more detail with you IJ on what you are suggesting. I want the most performance I can get. I'm not interested in the sound.

You referring to the return valve on top? If so any suggestions on size and area of purchase?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
VooDoo;1633732 said:
Not using maf. I'm using an AEM standalone. I'd like to get into more detail with you IJ on what you are suggesting. I want the most performance I can get. I'm not interested in the sound.

You referring to the return valve on top? If so any suggestions on size and area of purchase?
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I just found running bigger fittings and hose to my BoV meant I could use a lighter spring so it was more active on part throttle lifts but would still seal up under boost, the T04z I used was a surge monster above 10psi and sounded like a joke on a twisty road....