BOV on an AUTO

mjmendoza

May 7, 2007
San Jose
can someone post a soundclick on how a BOV sounds on a turbo auto..or if anyone has one on a auto can you tell me if it sounds funny?

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
What he was saying is that no matter whether you have an automatic or standard style transmission, the BOV sounds the same. You hear it in either type of transmission when the gas pedal is released. SO, in an auto, you pull your foot off it chirps, in a manual, you pull your foot off to shift, it chirps. That answer the question?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
mkIIIman089 said:
What impact would transmission have on how your BOV sounds?

Auto's usually hold boost better between shifts(won't blow off) It will hold boost in the pipes rather than a big burst of boost loss

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Wrong.....

A BoV requires Vacc to open with an auto you keep your foot down during shifts so no vacc no BoV noise.... :nono:

Damn you guys are such ricers sometimes..

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
^^Isn't that what I just said?....IJ really is a grumpy old man :rofl:

EDIT: oops my bad you were replying to Mass. Ask how I know about a BOV on an auto :nono: Stupid a340e ;) **is trying to get under IJ's skin tonight**

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
gas. throttle plate open. no vacuum.
automatic shifts. still on it. boostin. no vacuum.
let off. throttle plate closes. vacuum present. blow off valve does it job and lets off air trying to move back into the turbo stopped by the closed throttle plate.
the end.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
i only hear my bov when i'm accelerating but dont make the light. then its off the accel,on the brakes. THATS when it sounds.
you CAN sound off the bov on an automatic,you just have to learn the tranny's shift point,let off,and accell again when its at its peak.
its weird,its lame,its intended for ricers

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
During my short run yesterday I noticed my dual BoV's are much louder compared to when the car was a manual, either that or my new design muffler is so much quieter I can hear the BoV's now ;)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
IJ. said:
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Wrong.....

A BoV requires Vacc to open with an auto you keep your foot down during shifts so no vacc no BoV noise.... :nono:

Damn you guys are such ricers sometimes..

My bad, I had the idea right "no boost loss between shifts. Just worded it wrong, edited for misinfo.