Bought an XBOX 360 2 days ago

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Well I had been planning to get a PS3 but then I had to pay for my tuition for the upcoming LEA course and then buy my Glock 22C for duty carry so that shot it all down, One of my coworkers had a 2 month old good shape 360, 2 controllers, bigger HD and GTA 4 and he offered it to me for 250 bucks, so I took it. Well GTA 4 is amazing but I had to get a racing game or 2 so I went to the store earlier today and picked up 2 for less than 50 bucks. Forza Motorsports 2 and Test Drive Unlimited. Test Drive unlimited is just fun, kinda similar to most wanted and NFS hot pursuit with some added features, the fact I can create a character to represent me and also have a detailed cockpit view to use while driving is badass.

Forza 2 I am really enjoying although only played it for about an hour, Bought an MK3 to start, did weight reduction, tires, suspension and saved for the 2JZ swap, didn't wanna go 7MGTE as I have one of those in the garage, the 1G it starts out with is hella lame but luckily I got the swap pretty quick, even painted it RSP and added some Black Volks to it, hahaha the games awesome so far.

Just thought I'd share, I know 360's old news but I just got it and its a blast, any hints for either game or even for GTA4 would be helpful.

No I don't play online sadly........

Thanks,
Will

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
i had swap my 7m in place of the 2j, it made the car handle funny.

Also i recommend a good shooter game. Gears of war, Call of duty 4, halo 3, unreal tournament, rainbow 6 vegas 2. All different but good games. I suggest renting to finding one that you like. My favorite is Gears

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
7M is a bit hard to handle (torque monster)

Personally my favorite car right now is the Z car you can win that's an ugly yellow with a black hood...

SR20 swap, everything else, and had to put the wing on it to keep it on the ground :rofl: Even better is using it to spank Elises.

Negatory on the shooters, mouse + keyboard is the only proper way to play them, controllers are LAME.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
Poodles;1078014 said:

Personally my favorite car right now is the Z car you can win that's an ugly yellow with a black hood...

SR20 swap, everything else, and had to put the wing on it to keep it on the ground :rofl: Even better is using it to spank Elises.

Negatory on the shooters, mouse + keyboard is the only proper way to play them, controllers are LAME.
but carpal tunnel disease<<<<<<

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Fuzz420;1078006 said:
i had swap my 7m in place of the 2j, it made the car handle funny.

Also i recommend a good shooter game. Gears of war, Call of duty 4, halo 3, unreal tournament, rainbow 6 vegas 2. All different but good games. I suggest renting to finding one that you like. My favorite is Gears

Gears is great, do that. Halo 3 sucks, don't waste your money. All the R6 games I've played were awesome, same with COD.

Poodles;1078014 said:

Blasphemy. I'm ePunching you in the face right now

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
drunk_medic;1078075 said:
Such is the price of decimating controller-aimers 3 to 1.

AMEN to that, I've got gears on the PC and yea, 360 gears can kiss my ass. PC FPS FTW!

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Sweet deal man. I'm waiting for Halo Wars to come out before I buy a 360. Forza 2 just isn't enough game to justify the system compared to the Gran Tourismo series. I'm not that big on FPS games, so the rest of the halo series just doesn't sell it.

I didn't know you could do engine swaps in Forza 2.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Keros;1078274 said:
Sweet deal man. I'm waiting for Halo Wars to come out before I buy a 360. Forza 2 just isn't enough game to justify the system compared to the Gran Tourismo series. I'm not that big on FPS games, so the rest of the halo series just doesn't sell it.

I didn't know you could do engine swaps in Forza 2.

The engine swaps are probably one of the best things to do in the game. For instance, I had an Integra Type R and fitted the 4WD system from a Honda CRV with a boosted K24 on it.

It was a pretty fun 600hp AWD monster.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
10secdream;1078322 said:
The engine swaps are probably one of the best things to do in the game. For instance, I had an Integra Type R and fitted the 4WD system from a Honda CRV with a boosted K24 on it.

It was a pretty fun 600hp AWD monster.

omfg, that would probably be a $80000 car, lol. That's awesome.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
PS3s suck. Dunno why you guys all want them, they are graphically inferior to the 360. They didn't spend enough time perfecting that Cell technology crap and it ended up costing them dearly.

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I'm loving the 360 so far, test drive unlimited is fun, Forza is great, made more progress today now have a 535rwhp 2jz with stock twins haha on my RSP RHD MK3 it's nice. Also got an 02 SS with the C5R 427 V8 and saving to turbo it hahaha.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Not really, other than the first bit that post is fact. Don't believe me? Look at screenshots from games released on both systems. The Cell technology is to blame, that's not really arguable. It was a good idea, just not worked on enough.