bought a supra... now im here.

SevenMSupra

Apr 14, 2013
Southern Oregon
Hey there the names Matt.
I picked up a 88 mk3 a few weeks ago for a pretty good deal. it was well built but nobody ever got around to tuning it.
small list of some of the mods...
Wiseco forged internals, 3.5" turbo back exhaust, 3.5" intercooler piping, custom aluminum intake manifold, 120mm throttle body, hks sequential bov, limited slip diff, garret gt35r "replica" turbo, external wastegate, HKS VPC and HKS GCC units, converted to speed density, 750cc injectors, cometic headgasket, AEM wideband, battery relocation to trunk, aeromotive fuel pump, aeromotive fuel filter, aeromotive adjustable fpr, steel braided fuel lines, cross drilled and slotted rotors, custom front mount intercooler...
it goes on and on.
So anyway i towed it home, did a heck ton of research on those hks vcp and gcc units and turned out they were set up all wrong. there were quite a bit of wiring issues that had to be sorted out in fact. after a few days of figuring it out i got it drivable. and now im just in the process of fine tuning the afrs under boost!
I will get some pics up soon, i have to size them down first...

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
clean car, good start, you have mechanical experience I take it? definately hope it has wideband o2 sensor and an AFPR if your going to mess around with the a/f ratio's.

SevenMSupra

Apr 14, 2013
Southern Oregon
Thank you! I just got it tuned in! its running at 10 psi right now and holds a 11.1 AFR across the rpm range. Thats a safe temporary tune. I will turn the boost up to where it should be once i get it out on the road.