bottom end gone!!

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
went out for a drive earlier, had some fun, slow drive home, then noticed oil pressure dropping then just dropped when on motorway, strong smell of expensive oil filters through the car was about half mile from home, when slowed stopped at traffic lights "knock knock knock knock" rolled it home and found a brand new oil line had worked loose from oil cooler and dump its contents all over the engine and underside of the car, so as of now my car is DEAD! so as of sunday i'm starting stripping the engine down as much as poss and a full rebuild is starting asap. i was planning on doing a freshen up this year but a stupid oil line has brought the deadline forward a lot sooner it should all be done for summer and will be better faster and stronger and have a few more horses galloping under the bonnet

supraturbotimmy

Dec 19, 2006
uk
i couldn t pull over on the motorway as no hard shoulder on that part of it but motorway is about 1/2 mile from my house, when i got off the motorway to turn down my main street i turned it off and rolled it in.